Nokia 8 and screen off control issue

Jurtaani

So I bought the new Nokia 8 and all other aspects seem to be working well with Poweramp, except when I put the screen off the normal headset controls seems to start to act weird. 

Normally when I double click on the headset (single button model) I move on to the next track, however with the new Nokia 8 it works great when the screen is on. 

But when I turn the screen off and put it in my pocket, then that double click function starts to move on to the next album instead of next track. 

I am currently using the 703 alpha version from the play store. 

Ok kind of a false issue, because this same thing seems to happen with play music and spotify too. 

Nokia help chat guy said that this is due to some kind of security feature, but at least he promised to elevate it to the right people and hopefully they get it fixed soon either with the new security update or possibly when oreo arrives on it. 

• 3 weeks later...

This "issue" can be marked as "solved", because after I got the 8.0 Oreo beta this issue was fixed by Nokia. 

Weird how Nokia "support" chat claimed that this was for security purposes, but suddenly such "security feature" is no longer needed in oreo. 

Archived