Rescan bug...

Leestar15

Hi, I don't usually sign up to forums if I actually needed to, but today is the day I join one. Because of this problem I keep having whenever I'm listening to my music the list goes back to the start again, I don't know if this is a bug or whatever but I need help or if anyone else has had this problem or if this is a feature I don't know about... for example, I'm 34/4185 into my music, but when it automatically rescans, it reverts back to 1/4185, therefore restarting the whole playlist all over again.

Can anyone tell me what to do here, or is it a bug that the developers are looking to fix in the future? 

Not one I've heard of. It would happen in Shuffle mode, but should not happen during regular playback modes unless something has changed in the files list. Have you tried turning the automatic rescan feature off (in Settings > Folders and Library > Folders/Library Scanner) ?

Andre

I've not tried scanning during playback, but I would expected that if the songs list has changed, the position within that list would naturally become invalid too. I would expect the currently playing track to remain current, but not a position within a list that has now changed.

Andre

This is one of this issues I've been having with but it's not that deep for me, on the other hand, the music player seems to stop the music by itself and says that "decoder timed out" or something, now that's a more serious issue in my case, what if i was playing out music from my phone at a party and it suddenly stops? Is this because the app is still in testing and looking for as many bugs as possible so the devs can fix and improve the app or is there another reason that I don't know about? 

Any information will be much appreciated and thanks in advance. 

Archived