• Announcements

• andrewilley

Poweramp v3 Project Update   04/24/2017

As you may be aware, the Poweramp developer has been working hard on an updated material design user interface for Poweramp v3 which required a full ground-up rebuild of the code and is taking some time to get to a beta-test stage. See the forum thread for more details and to discuss.    
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
wteamgwho

order which titles are played

3 posts in this topic

I use Poweramp to listen to audiobooks and music. Many fo the audiobooks have a very basic file naming system 1 chapter, 2 chapter.... all the way thry 12 chapter. But Poweramp doesn't play them in numerical order, 1 then 2, then 3, it plays them as 1, 10, 11, 12, 2. How do I get Poweramp to play them in strictly numerical order and stop jamming chapters 10 and higher in between chapters 1 and 2? its very frustrating. I have to remember that when I start a new disc, I have to lsiten closely to then narrative suddenly change, FF 3 or 4 files, then when the disc ends, go back to 10,11,12

It is a matter of sorting. The titles are treated as text but there is a solution.

Read this post:

If files are meant to be sorted numerically, you need to add a leading zero to single-digit numbers. That's why track numbers in filenames should always be added as 01, 02, 03, etc rather than 1, 2, 3. If you have any triple-digit numbers add two leading zeros to pad out missing digits. 

Andre