FC when trying to access folders

Seymur993

On first launch i am able to see some folders, but then it brings me back to the play menu, then i try to get back to folders and then it totally FCs and on next load it makes me send a bug report. This thing happens both on v2 and v3.

Idk if it is important, but prior to that i formated the internal storage and clean installed a custom rom. Before that i've never seen such a bug. Plz help

Screenshot_20170921-161506.png

7 hours ago, TheoKlink said:

Is there an option to look at the bug report?

New Trace collected :
=====================
Poweramp Error Report, collected on: Thu Sep 21 15:36:51 GMT+03:00 2017

==============

=========================
Version: 2.0.10-build-588-play full version 
Unlocker: 2-build-26
Store: Play
Skin: 7f090001
Device: Xiaomi Mi Max msm8952 hydrogen xenonhd_hydrogen armeabi-v7a armeabi
Installer: com.android.packageinstaller (7.1.2)
Android: 7.1.2 xenonhd_hydrogen-userdebug 7.1.2 NJH47F 3aa67c70cf test-keys ru_RU ART
Fingerprint: Xiaomi/hydrogen/hydrogen:6.0.1/MMB29M/V8.2.3.0.MBCCNDL:user/release-keys

Thread: 233 thumb handler
Stack : 
======= 
java.lang.IllegalStateException: newPosition should be in the window at this point
at android.database.sqlite.SQLiteCursor.onMove(SQLiteCursor.java:133)
at android.database.sqlite.SQLiteCursor.onMoveWithBoundsCheck(SQLiteCursor.java:158)
at android.database.AbstractCursor.moveToPosition(AbstractCursor.java:218)
at android.database.AbstractCursor.moveToNext(AbstractCursor.java:312)
at com.maxmpz.audioplayer.data.0xFF.l1I.llll(":193)
at com.maxmpz.audioplayer.data.0xFF.Il1.handleMessage(":71)
at android.os.Handler.dispatchMessage(Handler.java:102)
at android.os.Looper.loop(Looper.java:153)
at android.os.HandlerThread.run(HandlerThread.java:61)
**** End of current Report ***
New Trace collected :
=====================
Poweramp Error Report, collected on: Thu Sep 21 15:43:38 GMT+03:00 2017

==============

Android: 7.1.2 xenonhd_hydrogen-userdebug 7.1.2 NJH47F 3aa67c70cf test-keys ru_RU ART
Fingerprint: Xiaomi/hydrogen/hydrogen:6.0.1/MMB29M/V8.2.3.0.MBCCNDL:user/release-keys

Thread: 228 thumb handler
Stack : 
======= 
java.lang.IllegalStateException: newPosition should be in the window at this point
at android.database.sqlite.SQLiteCursor.onMoveWithBoundsCheck(SQLiteCursor.java:158)
New Trace collected :
=====================
Poweramp Error Report, collected on: Thu Sep 21 15:43:47 GMT+03:00 2017

==============

Thread: 218 thumb handler
Stack : 
======= 

I found several threads with a similar issue, all apparently involving different roms and focussing on Poweramp listing folders. I did not find any solutions though. Given you un and reinstalled Poweramp, clearing pa data will not help. You mention you formatted internal memory and i suspect this is where the issue lies. Perhaps retry this.

On 22.09.2017 at 3:00 PM, TheoKlink said:

This issue was discussed in 2016. I found this link

https://forums.oneplus.net/threads/paranoid-android-6-0-1-aospa-oneplus-x.450930/

Thanks for the link, but the only thing they've said there is that this is up to app's developer to solve(.

On 22.09.2017 at 9:49 AM, andrewilley said:

Can you report that log via the Get Support option in the app, or to Poweramp.maxmpz@gmail.com please? Thanks. Does the same happen with internal storage as with a SD Card?

Andre

Yep, I did exactly that. And sadly I'm unable to check the difference between internal and sd, because it fc's as soon as I go to folder menu. I can navigate through foulders with swipes on the playback screen tho, but it's a massive pain in the bum.

3 minutes ago, Seymur993 said:

Thanks for the link, but the only thing they've said there is that this is up to app's developer to solve(.

Yep, I did exactly that. And sadly I'm unable to check the difference between internal and sd, because it fc's as soon as I go to folder menu. I can navigate through foulders with swipes on the playback screen tho, but it's a massive pain in the bum.

Ok I've excluded the sd card in the settings and it stopped the fc's, i can easily browse the internal memory. (But all my music is on the card!)

• 2 months later...

I have only Music on my SD Card.

It happens only by specific Artist or Albums, if you want to open the specific Artist or Album, Poweramp closes and opens again shortly,

a second time selecting the same Album to view the tracks it FC and opens with a prompt to send a crash report.

But if you chose over the options to play the Artist or Album, it plays it without any error.

Also I added a CatLog

Using alpha 704

logcat_and_device_info.zip

Poweramp Crash Log.txt

If it only happens on specific albums, there could be something different about the encoding of the data in those albums. As a test, try making a copy of one of the affected albums and stripping out all the meta data tags completely and see if it then loads (it should show in PA as Unknown Album). Then add data back in item by item and see what happens. I use TagScanner on my PC for such batch work, but there are lots of programs around that can do it.

Andre

• 2 weeks later...

I am reporting this bug for more than a year all over and over. And do you know what is happend? NOTHING!!! I bought full version of Poweramp and I am not able to use it. 

It does not work in android 7 and now in android 8.

I am using custom rom based on pure AOSP with Google services form openGapps ARM64-Android 8-Nano.

Google are doing their best to eliminate sdcards so that users will buy their high end devices. So in good tradition, for Oreo they have once again changed things. I encountered tbis problem whilst developing my app but managed to find a solution so that it behaves the same as marshmallow +.

For more details

stackoverflow

21 hours ago, McMacaron said:

I am reporting this bug for more than a year all over and over. And do you know what is happend? NOTHING!!! 

There has not been a new app release for over a year due to the lengthy development cycle for the new user interface, which I'm sure will address any issues with SD Card handling on newer ROMs. However if you are not using a stock ROM that can complicate matters a bit.

Andre

Archived