Queue does not start playing automatically when first track is added.

Rick47

Just downloaded Poweramp - Great app
I am slowly finding my way around, but have come unstuck when setting up a queue when there is nothing currently playing.
I've modified the settings to play queue immediately a track is added, but it doesn't do that.
I have to go into Queue select the track - long hold and select play.
Once the queue is playing, I can add other tracks and it all works fine.
Have I missed something? I expected the queue to play after the first track is added, or play a new track that has been added after the current queue has finished playing.
Still evaluating, but this looks very good.

The queue won't start playing on its own, it is simply a 'temporary interruption' of normal playback so you can hear a specific odd track or two in-between your regular category-based listening.

The options that you mention are designed to configure how something being added to the queue should behave - should it interrupt the current playback immediately, at the end of the current song, or the end of the current list of songs (e.g. album, folder, etc).

Andre

Thanks Andre, that all make sense. I'm using Poweramp slightly differently as I'm running it on an Android Minix box to play my 8k odd tracks through my home sound system. It's the only player app that I've found that can handle queues well enough for me. The option to place a track into the queue with a single click is something I've been looking for for some time. I can live with kicking the queue off with a click or two.

Archived