I'VE ALSO been having issues with Poweramp as of lately and figured it was due to a faulty google security update that broke some root apps such as titanium backup for restoring apps with data, and Poweramp in which the workaround to this fix if you have already purchased the Poweramp unlocker version(will not work without purchase of any kind) is to only use Poweramp build 588 as 704 has issues with GOOGLE PLAY STORE AND ITS LICENCE CHECK... i checked yesterday and realized that Poweramp is not up to date with the latest version on playstore, it says build 588 when the latest build is 704 which is a bummer because i paid for the app 2 times. Some steps you could take for non-rooted users and rooted users are(If non of these work than we will all be waiting for the developer to update his/her great app. Also highly recommend to use playlist backup when backing up playlists on android... you can get the app here https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.ssi.playlistbackup&hl=en

THIS IS HOW TO MAKE Poweramp FULL VERSION and not get triggered by the faulty GOOGLE SECURITY UPDATE that broke titanium backup's restores in the linux system for restoring apps with data for non-root-root users... and fix Poweramp's broken licence check... trust me its not Poweramp being difficult it was googles update that almost broke this amazing app.

1. Download Poweramp from the play store only. NOT THE 704 VERSION CANT GET IT TO WORK ON THAT BUILD.

2. Download the Unlocker if your experiencing licence check or other errors.

3. Download lucky patcher latest version

4. After Downloading Poweramp from the Play Store open up the app wait until Poweramp finishes scanning folders, and then close the app(force close).

5. clear Poweramp data and cache DO NOT CLEAR DATA IF YOU DO NOT HAVE A RESTORABLE BACKUP OF Poweramp'S DATA( cough cough titanium backup for non root users and rooted users... if you are having problems with the licence use lucky patcher and patch objects manually for the app(Poweramp).

6. After clearing the data of Poweramp go into to your files, android my files and find Poweramp folder in your root folder and delete com.maxmpz.audioplayer-1.odex, and any other files that have com.maxmpz.audioplayer-1.odex. backup ALL FOLDERS FOR Poweramp IN ANDROID ROOT 0 to an sd card before deleting IN CASE YOU NEED TO RESTORE THEM LATER.

7. Run Lucky Patcher and backup Poweramp and its settings, and then patch the app, and also backup Poweramp unlocker apk file and settings.

8. Delete Poweramp unlocker apk from device uninstall it. Do NOT UNISTALL IF YOU HAVE NO BACKUP OF THE UNLOCKER APK/ PURCHASE

9. IF titanium backup is installed and you are trying to restore Poweramp do a batch restore on Poweramp build 588 ONLY AND NOT THE 704 BUILD IF YOU HAVE MULTIPLE BACKUPS WITHIN TITANIUM AND ARE CHOOSING TO RESTORE THE 704 BUILD, and restore app with data/just data and not system data this causes force closes(fc's) if you experience a force closure use Titanium backup fixer which patches Titanium backups Linux system to solve any app force closing after being restored with Titanium BACKUP.

10. Go into recovery and slowly(TAKE YOUR TIME) AND navigate to the wipe options and wipe cache and Dalvich Cache ONNLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLY.

11. Reboot the device and enjoy Poweramp.

For Rooted USERS After STEP 5 OF clearing the data of Poweramp go into to your files, android my files and find Poweramp folder in your root folder and delete com.maxmpz.audioplayer-1.odex, and any other files that have com.maxmpz.audioplayer-1.odex. backup the folder to an sd card before deleting.

7. Run Lucky Patcher and backup Poweramp and its settings, and then DO NOT patch the app, BUT also backup Poweramp unlocker apk file and settings.

8. Delete Poweramp unlocker apk from device uninstall it. Of course backup the unlocker before deleting

9. RUN titanium backup and do a batch restore on Poweramp build 588 ONLY AND (NOT 704 BUILD) ,  IF YOU HAVE MULTIPLE BACKUPS WITHIN TITANIUM and restore app with data/just data and not system data this causes force closes(fc's) if you experience a force closure use Titanium backup fixer witch patches Titanium backups Linux system to solve any app force closing after being restored with Titanium BACKUP.

10. REBOOT DEVICE/ CLEAR CACHE AND Dalvik Cache ONLY AND THEN REBOOT.

11.ENJOY. REMEMBER DON'T CLEAR SYSTEM, OR WIPE SYSTEM WITHIN RECOVERY MODE IT WILL CAUSE BOOTLOOP IN WHICH YOU WILL HAVE TO RESTORE SYSTEM AGAIN USING A BACKUP, AND DON'T WIPE DATA EITHER big no no. IF USING CUSTOM RECOVERY IT'S THE SAME THING ONLY WIPE CACHE AND DALVIK CACHE ONLY... AND THEN REBOOT.

Updated This Post 2018-07-13 Another Way to Make the Application Work?

1. Download Poweramp Unlocker apk here Paid for it already and saved it to my drive.Paid Poweramp Unlocker https://drive.google.com/open?id=1PsduuVJxh3W7_A_x4U0nTMVuW-sKECkp

2. Download Poweramp Here Full Version here after doing step One stated above"Download Poweramp Unlocker apk here Payed for it already and saved it to my drive".  Poweramp Full Moded Version https://drive.google.com/open?id=1iO0VfCVa-DX3x8TaMvpvWFRb67i36t2d

3. If wanting to restore all your settings and data within the app after installing the paid Poweramp Unlocker and the Full Version apk in steps 1 and 2 do this: (STEPS BELOW)

1.Download the Full Version of Titanium Backup and Restore Poweramps Data Only(Restore Poweramps Data from a previous backup you have made with titanuim backup to backup Poweramp, if no backups are available make one now and backup the app, and then Download the Full Version of Lucky Patcher(Make sure it is the latest one), and backup Poweramp's apk file and settings within the app Lucky Patcher. Backing up the app with Lucker Patcher will allow you to backup the paid apk file of the unlocker and the full version(moded) of the app you have downloaded on your device in steps 1 and 2 under the Updated Post with the date 2018-07-13.

2. After Backing up the paid apk unlocker and the app's settings in Titanuim Backup Make a second Backup of Poweramp in Titanuim Backup and make another Backup of Lucky Patcher in titanuim backup(One backup of Poweramp and Another of the app Lucky Patcher) this will insure you have a backup of Lucky Patcher when you made a full Backup of Poweramp fully paid and with it's full version unlocker. After doing this Force Stop Poweramp and reboot your device after your device is fully done booting up run Poweramp and enjoy the full version. If not Full then 1.Restore a previous backup of Poweramp with it's data(app and data) in titanuim backup then open Poweramp wait for it to finish scanning your files, force close it, 2. then install the full version apk as stated above the link is here https://drive.google.com/open?id=1iO0VfCVa-DX3x8TaMvpvWFRb67i36t2d,

after installing the full version(moded) apk file of Poweramp over your PREVIOUSLY RESTORED restore you did in titanuim backup( just to clarify after restoring the data and app in titanuim backup install the moded full version and then wait for Poweramp to finish scanning your files after that force close the app, and then restore DATA ONLY in titanuim backup AGAIN which will give you the full version working: in a nutshell Restore Previous Backup

Install Full Moded Version https://drive.google.com/open?id=1iO0VfCVa-DX3x8TaMvpvWFRb67i36t2d,  and Then Restore Previous Backup in titanium AGAIN A SECOND TIME but only restore the data not the app.).

For Playlists use playlist backup https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.ssi.playlistbackup&hl=en which allows you to backup Poweramp's playlists and our file system playlists saved on your android. and also use Poweramp export feature to save playlists as m3u8 files to never lose them. discussion is here for playlists and here for a trick to save and convert file based playlists to internal playlists m3u8/m3u files.

I feel your pain bro. I saw my library playlists content go to zero after media scans and got the "...it's not us, it's Android..." answer from the PA team. So, let's get you out of this mess once and for all so you (and everyone suffering) can continue using PA and all it's wonderful features.

First, the simple difference between "library" and "file-based" playlists.

When you open PA and create a playlist with songs already on your device, they are saved as a "library" playlist.

Ok, now turn to your computer. When you add songs to a PC program (Windows Media Player, iTunes, WinAmp, etc.) and choose File >> Save As >> PLAYLISTNAME.m3u, then you have just created a "file-based" playlist. This .m3u file must be transferred to your device and when PA does a media scan, it will find it, but only if you have PA look in the folder on the device you transferred it to, such as anywhere inside "mnt/sdcard/external_sd/Music". Trick is, you must use the files/songs already on your device to create the PLAYLISTNAME.m3u, ok?

So, this is how I started using "file-based" playlists.

1. Connect device to PC using USB mode (hopefully you know this basic step already)

2. On my device, I've got a "Music" folder located on my external SD card "mnt/sdcard/external_sd/Music". Inside this folder, I've got several sub-folders ("Electronic", "Pop & Rock", "R & B", "Rap", "Reggae", and finally "Z Misc").

3. Inside each sub-folder, is another series of sub-folders which represent the contents of my "file-based" playlists. For example, inside the "Electronic" folder is "E Ambient". I use the E in "E PLAYLISTNAME" to identify it's Electronic music and keeps all my folders in alphabetical and genre order when I'm in PA folder view. It's also a great way to preserve my playlists no matter what device I use. It keeps things organized by playlist and I'm super-anal that way. Lose hours of playlist creation and you'll know what I mean. So, in the "Electronic" folder I will see something like this :

E Ambient

E Breakbeat

E Dance

E Dubstep

E Drum & Bass

E Lounge

E Mellow

E Minimal

E Trance.. etc

4. So, with my device USB connected to my PC, I use Windows Explorer to view the contents of the "E Ambient" folder which has 138 files/songs in it. I select all files >> right-click >> then choose "Add Files To Windows Media Playlist" or "Open With" and choose your weapon. WMP opens up and in the "Now Playing" list contains the 138 files. If you don't see the files, look for the "Now Playing" tab at the top left of WMP and left-click it.

5. Now, go to File >> Save Playlist As >> PLAYLISTNAME.m3u and save it inside the "E Ambient" folder on your device which contains the 138 Ambient songs.

6. USB disconnect your device from the PC properly (look it up on numerous Android forums if you don't know how)

7. Your device should automatically begin it's media scan. After it is finished, sometimes PA also begins it's media scan, if it's setup this way in your PA settings. Otherwise, open PA, then navigate to Settings (inside PA hit the "Menu" button on your device, which usually looks like two horizontal lines covered by a 3 sided-rectangle) >> select Rescan.

8. Exit "Settings" and go to "Library" (at the bottom with Player and Folders) >> Playlists. You should see the heading "File-based Playlists" and your newly created "E Ambient.m3u" playlist in that list. It will say "not loaded yet" below it every time PA does a media scan. Don't worry about that. Just select the "E Ambient.m3u" playlist and viola...!!!

9. Now, when you make an order change in that playlist and exit the playlist, it will save to the "E Ambient.m3u" file and your on-the-go changes save with it. Remember, adding/removing songs to the playlist in PA and exiting the playlist will not save the changes. You must change the order of at least one song and then exit the playlist. Best way to exit the playlist is to hit the header "Playlists E Ambient.m3u" at the top. On that header, to the right of the name, you will see 2 icons. 1 is an arrow pointing upwards, the other is the change order button which looks like an equal sign (i.e. "=") with triangle points up and down on each line of the equal sign. Press that once to toggle it on/off. When it's on, the icon will glow white. Go to a song in the list and press & hold the same icon now appearing to the left of each song and drag it up or down until you see a glowing horizontal line appear. Drop it in a different order position and then exit the playlist. You should see the words "E Ambient.m3u has been saved" appear at the bottom of the "File-based Playlists" screen. It only fades in and out for 1-2 seconds so keep an eye out for it.

This is very tedious the first time, but after creating the 38 PLAYLISTNAME.m3u files on my PC and saving them to the specific sub-folder in the external SD card "Music" folder on my device, I never have to do that again and my playlists are protected from Android media scans.

Tip : If later on I decided to add more songs via USB from my PC to the "E Ambient" folder on my device, I then go to "Folders" in PA and press & hold the "E Ambient" folder >> select "Add to Playlist" >> select "E Ambient.m3u" and only the new songs will get added. I then go into that playlist in PA and change order and exit to save the .m3u file.

Warning : Make sure you have Settings >> Advanced >> Lists >> tick "Don't add duplicates" or the obvious will happen.

Archived