DVC sometimes causes output change

exclaw

I don't know if its just me but I'm experiencing output changes when using dvc, e.g when connected to a headset or Bluetooth device, the audio will instead come out from my phone speakers. I've tried many methods to see what else is causing this but the only fix right now is a reboot. If this is helpful I'm also running on hi-res audio.

Running Nougat 7.0 from my Samsung Galaxy S8+ SM-G955FD on Poweramp Alpha Build 704 

I've very occasionally seen the same thing since I switched my phone's ROM from KitKat to Marshmallow. Always with high-res audio too. What happens in my case is when I plug the headset cable in, for some reason PA occasionally still sends audio to the speaker. Turning the experimental high-res feature off and back on for the Headset device usually fixes it. Mostly though I just leave it off completely anyway, as I don't keep any high-res songs on my phone apart from for testing purposes.

Andre

1 hour ago, andrewilley said:

I've very occasionally seen the same thing since I switched my phone's ROM from KitKat to Marshmallow. Always with high-res audio too. What happens in my case is when I plug the headset cable in, for some reason PA occasionally still sends audio to the speaker. Turning the experimental high-res feature off and back on for the Headset device usually fixes it. Mostly though I just leave it off completely anyway, as I don't keep any high-res songs on my phone apart from for testing purposes.

Andre

Thanks, will try that

On 11/08/2017 at 3:38 PM, andrewilley said:

Andre

I've tried what you suggested and it seems to be not working for me... Right now the only solution is still a reboot.

İ have the same issue Samsung Galaxy s7(exynos) and found out that if you disable DVC it will come out the headphones and with it on will come out the speakers...Been using Poweramp for about 2-3 months and just had this issue today for the first time.Dont know what caused this issue only thing i can think off is the update that i got for Avast antivirus,messenger,facebook,google drive,Google maps, istagram and Kuveyt turk app(Turkish bank app)

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

The new update results in unstability in performance of Poweramp. 1) Even if I connect the headset or Bluetooth the music is played through the device speaker(buttons of Bluetooth and headset still functions) 2) I assigned the techno Equalizer for headset and later assigned bass. But the Equalizer automatically changed back to techno for next song. Then I unassigned the techno Equalizer and deleted it. But Still for the next song the Equalizer set back to techno again.

Version:704

Model:Samsung galaxy S7 edge

• 3 weeks later...

Same here, it is doing so with my exynos S7 edge on Nougat as well as my snapdragon Note 8. It once was fixed by closing all apps on the switcher, but it only worked that one time and otherwise a reboot is necessary. 

It seems it has something to do with playing media on other apps and other outputs before firing up Poweramp 

Archived