lockscreen problems

I am using a LG G6 and use the Poweramp lockscreen.  but quite often when unlocking the phone I click the Poweramp lockscreen to unlock, it brings me to the android screen, then i unlock it then it goes back to the Poweramp lockscreen then i have to unlock it again before finally getting to the homescreen where i then have to click on the Poweramp widget to bring it back up to look at my songs or whatever.  is this supposed to be this way?  It takes forever just to get back to Poweramp to change a song or look what's playing at this rate.  or to do anything else.  it's highly annoying.    one day when i was driving i went to unlock the phone and unlocked it with my fingerprint which is hard to do while driving, then it went to the Poweramp lockscreen, then back to the android lockscreen where i had to unlock it again for the 2nd time and then go to the regular Poweramp screen.  it seems using the Poweramp lockscreen makes it so i have to jump through even more hoops just to get back to the player after unlocking the phone.  I'm using the 704 build btw.

7 hours ago, andrewilley said:

I must admit I always use the regular Android lockscreen, even double-unlocking is too much of an extra step for my liking, and it's all very dependent on the Android variant you are using anyway.

Andre

I usually use the regular android screen but was trying out the Poweramp lockscreen for the last 2 months.   Just sucks that 3rd party lockscreens aren't exactly seemless with Android.

Having just upgraded my phone from KitKit to Marshmallow there are so many things I really don't like - one of them being that I need to double-unlock anyway (swipe first, then my Pattern-Unlock screen which used to be on the initial wake screen). If I didn't need Android 5+ I would be far happier carrying on with KitKat.

Andre

3 hours ago, andrewilley said:

Having just upgraded my phone from KitKit to Marshmallow there are so many things I really don't like - one of them being that I need to double-unlock anyway (swipe first, then my Pattern-Unlock screen which used to be on the initial wake screen). If I didn't need Android 5+ I would be far happier carrying on with KitKat.

Andre

what phone do you have?  Mine is on Nougat of course.  But dang LG is god awful slow for major software updates.  i found a few bugs in the software and the camera is laggy sometimes and needs tweaked.  Out in the sun it's too red in the shade its too blue, uses too slow a shutter speed too much.  panaramas come out double images of trees and poles etc.  sometimes the system scanner quits working so newly synced music, photos, or files wont' show up in the stock music player, Poweramp, or the stock gallery etc.  Ringtones and Notifications i synced don't show up either.  only  fix is restart the phone.

3 hours ago, hypomaniac-eric said:

what phone do you have?  

I use a Galaxy Note 3. I kept planning to buy the newest and greatest version when it came out, but they kept going backwards (screen size, lack or swappable battery, etc). I still like my Note 3, but have had to 'upgrade' from KitKat in order to run several apps which were important to me.

Andre

4 hours ago, andrewilley said:

I use a Galaxy Note 3. I kept planning to buy the newest and greatest version when it came out, but they kept going backwards (screen size, lack or swappable battery, etc). I still like my Note 3, but have had to 'upgrade' from KitKat in order to run several apps which were important to me.

Andre

I miss my GS7.  I like the themes i had from the theme store.  The LG themes are dorky and boring.  They don't take uploads from users it seems.  But the G6 has a stellar sound recorder that works wonders for bird sounds.  adjustable gain, low freq cutoff, limiter, VU meter.  hold the phone vertical for record in mono or horizontal to record stereo.  records in flac etc.  My GS7 didn't do so well for the bird sounds.  couldn't adjust the gain loud enough with Rec Forge. But with the G6 i can't play PlayerPro without the audio cutting out for a split second randomly throughout the songs and the Poweramp the same except for the 704 build.  which is annoying because i like the simple UI on the Playerpro.  and the EQ is a pain to get to on the new Poweramp v3.  And i miss skins.  I had to adjust the buffering on the powreamp.  but the settings are more confusing on the 704 build.  and there's no instructions yet for them.  I've used Poweramp since 2012 and never had audio problems except on a POS Motorola Razr HD. 

Archived