Poweramp Alpha keeps crashing

choppedartisan

I fully understand that the alpha builds are very unstable. Initially I thought it was the only reason behind the crashes, but reading the forum I am led to think otherwise. I do not really understand the whole Hi-res thing, or the DAC and whatnots. Maybe the issue comes from not having full support. Whatever alpha build I install, the app refuses to open. 

It would be awesome if someone could guide me on this matter. I have an HTC e9+ with LP 5.0.2. I am not sure if my phone supports hi-res.

Thanks, and keep up the great work. Really impatient to play with the new version.  

Well, htc ONE. Like, it has all these fancy features for music playback. But, it is still a device made primarily for the chinese market (among others), which made me skeptic. Anyway, thanks for the help. I guess, no 24bit audio for me. There's around 18gbs of free memory lying around, along with the ~4K aac compressed music files. Damn.

The HTC One supports high-res audio in a variety of its incarnations, but that config file you uploaded does not include anything beyond 48,000Hz. I can't find anything online that says the E9+ versions provides high-res either, but it's a feature that rarely seems to get a mention in reviews or even spec sheets anyway.

Andre

Exactly. As long as I get to listen to my music whenever I need to (hopefully always with Poweramp), it's enough for me. It's not like I would go out of my way to buy fancy expensive accessories to listen to 'perfect' audio anyway. With hi-res or without, I'm good. But the tiny elitist in me would have loved to have it. HAVE IT! :D

Archived