Songs disappeared from playlists

AnthonyInTX

Today, my phone battery died. Once I managed to charge it up for awhile, I restarted the phone and noticed that all of the songs that were in my playlists (including one that's 500+ songs) have disappeared from the playlists. They're still on the SD card and still show up in Poweramp, but my playlists have all been cleared of any music. This is the first time this has happened in around 9 months of using Poweramp. My phone battery has died a handful of other times and I've had no problem like this. 

Apologies if this has come up in other older posts, but I thought I'd submit it so it's still getting attention. It's pretty frustrating, since playlists are a major part of the way that I listen to music.

As you state, there are many posts explaining this issue. Did you at any point remove your sdcard while the device was running?

When you take out your sdcard whilst your device is switched on, android and Poweramp will notice that all tracks on that sdcard are no longer available. As a result both android and Poweramp will start removing all missing entries from their databases.when you reinsert, Poweramp will rescan and find the tracks again but it treats them as new . Your old playlists are no longer valid and cannot be recovered. To back up your playlists, export them as .m3u8 paylists. Poweramp has that option. If you make any changes to your playlists make sure to export again as they are independant and will not be maintained by Poweramp. 

You may want to have a look at New Playlist Manager which creates m3u playlists ans is able to back up Poweramp ratings as well,( something you cannot do with Poweramp).

M3u or m3u8 formats are the same for all intents and purposes.

Thanks for the info. No, I haven't removed the SD card since I put it in. I'm guessing it has to do with the battery dying, maybe?

Anyway, I'll just reconstruct the playlists and take your advice in backing them up. Thanks again for the information. 

If Poweramp does a scan while the music folders are briefly unmounted for any reason (which could include removing the SD Card) then any internal playlists entries (which are just pointers to the relevant music files) will be removed on the assumption that the files have been deleted. The next scan may find and reinstate the music files, but as 'newly found' songs, the ones that were in the playlists have gone.

File-based playlists are permanent, and will restore when the songs reappear. TheoKlink's app is a good way to backup and restore, but you can also use the Export Playlists feature from within Poweramp. However as with any backup, you need to have already done it before the problem occurred.

Andre

Archived