• Announcements

• andrewilley

Poweramp v3 Project Update   04/24/2017

As you may be aware, the Poweramp developer has been working hard on an updated material design user interface for Poweramp v3 which required a full ground-up rebuild of the code and is taking some time to get to a beta-test stage. See the forum thread for more details and to discuss.    
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Kchong

Artist sort problem.

6 posts in this topic

Is this a bug ? The Chainsmokers is not sort to the first word "T" but "C".

IMG_20170701_104855.jpg

IMG_20170701_104947.jpg

That's how Titles and Artist names should be correctly sorted in English, you ignore the definite and indefinite articles ("The", "A", "An", etc). Note: this won't happen with filename/folder sorting, which is more literal ASCII sorting process.

Andre

Hello, how can i activate the filename/folder sorting setting? i can't find it in any menu, i'm using the version 2,0.10-build-588.

thx.G.

In the Library/Folders screen, tap the Folders link at the bottom of the screen. Then pick any song from any folder and you will be playing in Folders mode,

Andre

thanks andre. i thought this would be somehow a general option that would also impact the library part.
Do the developers intend to add a pure alphanumerical sorting option under the library?
that would be a great feature for the app and is surely not really complicated to implement.
cheers, g.

Album or Artist titles should be sorted without including articles such as A, An, The, etc. Ask any librarian. Filenames however should sort in a more ASCII literal manner. So you can choose which method you want.

Andre