• Announcements

• andrewilley

Poweramp v3 Project Update   04/24/2017

As you may be aware, the Poweramp developer has been working hard on an updated material design user interface for Poweramp v3 which required a full ground-up rebuild of the code and is taking some time to get to a beta-test stage. See the forum thread for more details and to discuss.    
bigbluetruck

How do I stop Poweramp from lowering music volume when switching in and out of a game?

12 posts in this topic

Poweramp lowers music volume to a whisper for about a second when switching to and from a game.

I just want the music to continue playing without a second of interruption after opening and closing a game. 

Is there any setting for this?

Audio focus-->

-short audio focus change: uncheck.

-duck volume: uncheck.

2 minutes ago, phu said:

Audio focus-->

-short audio focus change: uncheck.

-duck volume: uncheck.

Thanks. But what if those options are already unchecked yet it still lowers the music volume?

You playing game while listening music (use Poweramp)???. Can SRC android do lower volume.

8 minutes ago, phu said:

You playing game while listening music (use Poweramp)???. Can SRC android do lower volume.

I'm not sure what you mean but it usually goes like this:

I open Poweramp to play music. And then I open a game, Clash Royale for example. And about one and a half second into the game's intro, the music volume gets so low I can barely hear it.

After that it plays normally without any problem. Until I press the home button to minimize the app.

5 hours ago, KUSOsan said:

What phone?

What phone?

What phone?

^I'm sorry about that mess. I can't type my message below your quote for some reason.

It's a Samsung Galaxy S6.

The game is probably applying its own volume levels to the system.

Andre

1 minute ago, andrewilley said:

The game is probably applying its own volume levels to the system.

Andre

Does that mean Poweramp doesn't have any control on it?

It's Clash Royale, for the record.

Once PA is playing, it won't know if something external has adjusted the system volume levels. This is just a guess, but it fits.

Andre

probably it is because Poweramp audio output switch from DAC/Opensl to Opensl/native, or from DVC to normal

please try to change output from high res/dac to opensl/native, or try to close DVC

this problem can not be solved as you can not directly mix two output method together, so Android just request Poweramp to change its output method, leading to a slightly volumn down.

then the volumn should be similar to those commom player, which does not support DVC or HIGH Res Output.