PA - Play Album?

w3wilkes

If I go into Albums and press the Play button and then decide to kill the album that's playing how do I do that. The playing album doesn't show in the queue so I can't clear the queue. Where is the item to clear this?

I mean clear the album from playing any further. Like if I start playing album A, long press Pause so the song stops and resets to the beginning, then Enqueue an album and start playing it. When the queue ends I don't want the player to start playing album A from the song I stopped. 

For some reason what I've now got happening is when the end of the queue is reached it starts playing random (shuffled) songs from all albums in my library. I just want the player to stop when it reaches the end of what I've put in the queue.

If I were redesigning this I'd keep Enqueue as "add to the end of the current list (queue) of what's playing", Change Play to be "Play next" so it plays after the current song, this would be for a song or album, but also insert the "play next" into the queue following the current song. Make it so that everything that is played is added/inserted to the queue so that it can be manipulated (moved or removed) from the queue. No more Play that doesn't go to the queue. If I have no queue, press Play on an album it plays the album and adds it to the queue.

Enqueue is only designed to temporarily pause regular playback to order listen to a few specific items  of your choice, it should not be a your regular playback mode. When you want to change the current playback to a different album, just go into the library and choose a new song to start playing (if you were already in Albums mode it will stay that way, and play the new track/s in their album). You can control the way the queue functions in Settings > Folders and Library > Queue (including stopping playback at the end of the queue if you want).

If you use Search, PA will switch into All Songs list mode, which may be what you are describing as random songs.

Andre

Archived