Sort folders by date added / created

The closest you can get at the moment is to use the "Menu > List Options > By Date Added" sort order within Folders, and then make sure that "Settings > Folders and Library > Lists > Sort by Filesystem Date/Time" is ticked (otherwise it will sort by the first time Poweramp added each item to its library, which will get reset by a Full Rescan). I think this bases the sorting on the last-modified timestamp of the last file within each folder though, rather than the creation-date of the overall folder, but often that will be the same thing.

Personally, where I need to force the folder sorting order I just add some digits (usually a year) to the start of the folder names and use "By path" sorting, e.g:

/Music/Albums/Electric Light Orchestra/1976 A New World Record/
/Music/Albums/Electric Light Orchestra/1977 Out of the Blue/
/Music/Albums/Electric Light Orchestra/1979 Discovery/
/Music/Albums/Electric Light Orchestra/1981 Time/

Andre

Hi Andre, 

Thanks so much for your reply, 

Understand your method above however as you may have expected this does not solve my issue, 

I download lots of music daily, I also DJ, so when I start listening to music, i want to be able to hit a "sort by date added / created" button and my freshest music will sit at the top. Otherwise I have no idea what I copied over.

I used to have a "_New" folder, however when I favorite something or create a playlist, then move it out of _New, the links become broken.

I believe it is quite an easy fix, essentially it is the same as being able to click the date modified sorting column on a windows finder window, 

Appreciate the assistance and loving the Poweramp app otherwise, much relief after struggling with the Fiio x5 iii native app.

I know of programs which will set folder timedate stamp properties based on the file contents, but not offhand one that works the other way around (which would solve your problem). It might be worth searching to see if there is one though,

Andre

• 8 months later...

No, folder create date is still not available for Poweramp to sort by.

Why not do what I do and name your folders in a way that will sort correctly alphabetically? I prefix folder names that I want to sort with a couple of digits at the top level, and where I have a lot of albums in any given artist's folder I prefix the folder names for each album with the year of release.

Andre

Archived