• Announcements

• andrewilley

Poweramp v3 Beta-test Build 790 Now Released   04/29/2018

Poweramp v3 BETA TEST preview build 790, including brand new user interface, has now been released - 30 April 2018. This is not quite feature-complete yet, so only install if you are happy to test with a slightly reduced set of options.  Missing features should be completed during May. Please report any issues in the testing forum thread, and remember to backup your previous build before testing.  
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
utahman1971

Date Shown with Album Title

4 posts in this topic

I do not see any option for a date to be shown on albums grid with title like BlackPlayer, and put it in reverse order to see more recent released albums first. Seems that the tags have the dates but even setting list options to date(year) and in reverse are still out of order. I can deal with it not working exactly that way but would be nice to go to artist and see them in released order.

I mean like with 36 crazyfists:

It shows:

Time and Trauma 2015

The Tide and Its Takers 2008

Collisions and Castaways 2010

A Snow Capped Romance 2004

Rest Inside the Flames 2006

Bitterness the Star 2002

In the Skin 1997

This is an example but not exactly what is shown on my device. I rather type it than try to screen shot phone and put on computer to just upload it.

Partially in order in descending but still not correct and no viewing setting to actually show the dates with the album title.

When you are viewing the list of Albums, press Menu > List Options and choose 'Year' as the sort order.

However although the albums will be shown with the oldest first, the year value will not be shown within the displayed Grid (or List) view, only the Album title and Artist name. I don't know whether the new v3 user interface will offer more configurability in this area or not, we'll find out soon enough I guess.

Andre

I already said I did that. Why do what I already did? I think my first impressions of the forum are ruined from you. You come out as huffy and puffy attitude. Personally, not very nice to talk to people that way. Especially, acting know it all. Time to leave and not respond anymore. Just delete every single post of mine. I am not posting anything anymore.

I won't get drawn into your baiting, I was simply trying to help.

In case you are still here, have you checked the ID3 tags in your files with a tag editor to make sure the year is listed correctly in all of your files? Reverse order in any category often seems less reliable to me than forward ordering, especially when dealing with a lot of items in one list. I suspect it's because any non-tagged or incorrectly tagged items will end up at the top of a reversed list, and in no particular order, whereas in regular ordering all the untagged items will be at the bottom (in the same sequence) where they are less obvious.

Andre