Decimated imported playlist betwen different OS?

Kloppstock

Im deeply troubled, there seem to be a problem for Android 5.1.1 to import a playlist and then reveal all files in that playlist in that phone

if these playlists are created in Android version 6.0, i think its called not back-compatible, is this a correct observation?  can i do some cheat-fix

to make them be readable backwards :). maybe this playlist where indeed created on Android 5 and it only wanna show its own 11 files, instead of the missing 2220

I would prefer to not upgrade to android 6 on this phone who troubles me here

It must be this causing it, cause i see that Poweramp is in same version on both Android phones

It's unlikely to be the playlists, but the file system on the different devices/OS versions making the paths to the song files different so Poweramp can't tell what files you are trying to refer to.

Open the playlist in a text editor and see if the directory paths quoted in each line match exactly with the directory structure on your phone. If not, you should be able to do a simple global search-and-replace to correct them.

Andre

17 hours ago, andrewilley said:

It's unlikely to be the playlists, but the file system on the different devices/OS versions making the paths to the song files different so Poweramp can't tell what files you are trying to refer to.

Open the playlist in a text editor and see if the directory paths quoted in each line match exactly with the directory structure on your phone. If not, you should be able to do a simple global search-and-replace to correct them.

Andre

Thanks for making me double check, cause the file list where both corrupted and had changed name with each-other.

After copy forward new lists from the source it worked excellent between OS, so i accidentally planted in you a false believable assumption as usual :) ...I didn't even had 2000 favourites, i had just 1000 in that playlist.

Sorry for the incongruence's inconveniences

Don't worry, it's not the first time this has happened with Android upgrades or changes to a new phone. I have no idea why Google are so cavalier and user-hostile with their changes, what would happen if Microsoft Windows suddenly decided to refer to people's D:\ hard drives as "EXTERNAL:\" or some other nonsense?

Andre

Archived