• Announcements

• andrewilley

Poweramp v3 Project Update   04/24/2017

As you may be aware, the Poweramp developer has been working hard on an updated material design user interface for Poweramp v3 which required a full ground-up rebuild of the code and is taking some time to get to a beta-test stage. See the forum thread for more details and to discuss.    
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
DanielPa

Huge battery drain with visualizations

9 posts in this topic

Milkdrop visualizations make my battery level drops very fast. It is a  bug?? It's not, why to use them??

It can be turned off from the right menu pane...or turn down quality/limit frame rate if you want to keep Milkdrop vis

I rolled back to v2 because in my opinion it sounds better too. Cant see the point to update if I will not use milk.

Anything which keeps the screen on all the time will drain the battery pretty quickly. But as has been said, it's optional - I have my screen turned off 99% of the time while listening to music.

Andre

Im trying again with the new version. The audio quality is very good like in the v2 if I not use the new effect reverb (sounds horrible) Why to have it....???. A limiter like in Neutron would be very much better to have.

My battery life is longer when I stream videos from YT then when using the milkdrops... ;(

On 10.4.2017 at 6:17 PM, DanielPa said:

The audio quality is very good like in the v2 if I not use the new effect reverb (sounds horrible) Why to have it....???

You don't apply all Instagram filters either just because they're there... but more options are always a good thing IMO.
Songs with an already epic and wide soundstage can sound even cooler with some reverb, like a live recording for example.
It adds a certain flair, definitely not recommended when listening to music casually.

On 10.4.2017 at 6:17 PM, DanielPa said:

A limiter like in Neutron would be very much better to have.

There already is a limit function in the EQ, in fact it has been there for ages...

Ok.. thans for the information. Im quite new with PA.

I guess I did a good deal with this apo in any case. The most importabt is the sound. The phone is almost always in my pocket.

I look and tried the eq again... Are you sure the app have An Dynamic EQ...?? I just see a limiter and an grafic eq with tones?? Will write in Another forum: