Poweramp v3 Project Update (please read first post for latest info before commenting)

andrewilley

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 hours ago, talios said:

Works very good, except where it doesn't.  I never thought I'd miss a working scrobbler so much. Yes v3 is awesome currently, but it would have been great to some some minor fix releases along the journey. Version control tools do branching quite well these days you know...

Exactly, I'm fine with the current UI. I just miss a working scrobbler and tag editor for SDcard music files. Been waiting for a fix for those two for a year now.:(

Though a refreshed UI may push Poweramp towards untapped market such as kids and the elderly, considering that the MaterialUI was meant to be simple and natural and can be mastered with little effort.

Intriguing. Is this what the Poweramp user base consists of?

As I've seen, it's Poweramp and Neutron Player for anyone who really cares about the sound quality, and I'm sorry but the other guys took the ancient premise of "form over function" too literally. It's lazy as I see it. Poweramp is actually a full package deal. A proper modern app that actually does it all. Looks good, sounds good (now even utilizes the device's DAC as it should even) and people are moaning over what the focus should be as if they are the only one using the app for anything. And worse, slamming the dev for apperantly not giving you a split second out of their day of doing apperantly nothing but coding.......

Updates would be nice I suppose, but the guy has a life and other things going on, gaurenteed. Not like this is some major business witba n entire marketing department to toss you a bone to keep you content while the drove of coder figure how to make all their waring ideas merge without tripping over eachothers toes. Seriously guys, check yourselves before vomiting please ?

Personally I suppose since we're all playing entitled..... I despise Material design and all the current trendy flat lifeless design trend that's all the rage. I personally see nothing brethtaking mor 'funtional' about it. Just lazily lumping everything in one place and under fewer submenues... fine, as long as things don't start getting cut out or gimped. I like the current design. The new trend looks like some 3rd grader drew it and fir some reason everyone drewls over it ?? I love visualizers so milkdrop for life?. Now if I could get my gappless musepack playback fixed for final release.... ???

While I would personally like to see a much broader support for direct hardware access to phones, not just the snapdragon variant but proper hifi dac's in them. Have to respect what the community voted for and what Max had to spend his time on building the features voted for

1 hour ago, D3Seeker said:

I despise Material design and all the current trendy flat lifeless design trend that's all the rage.

Now if I could get my gappless musepack playback fixed for final release.... ???

I agree with you wholeheartedly about Material Design in general - my main device still runs on KitKat in fact. Progress for Progress' sake in my opinion. It's becoming a bit of a moot point though as every app I use is now flat and lifeless with dull 2D monochrome icons, no proper delineation of controls, stupid floating icons and all sorts of stuff sliding in everywhere, and daft 'Overflow Lists' instead of a single solid usable menu (with a hardware menu button). Google Maps is a perfect example, the default view makes it hard to actually see the map at all, and there are very few options to make a real difference to that. I just want a full-screen map view until I press the menu button. Unfortunately, Google these days has very much the same sort of arrogance as Apple/iPhones, and Android is very much becoming "it is what it is, and you will have to like it". Thank goodness for third-party ROMs and Launchers anyway.

I'm sure the omission of the true gapless option (or rather the 'Cut Silence' portion of it, which is what is causing the problems) was an oversight and Max will restore it before the final release of v3.

Andre

7 hours ago, D3Seeker said:

I despise Material design and all the current trendy flat lifeless design trend that's all the rage

Hear hear! I didn't mind it too much when it first came out, but I'm really sick of it now. I've had to load some old school glass icons on my Nova home screen to get relief from it!

Utterly blows for me, I'm on a super tight budget, buying the software was  a treat, not to mention some skins, and I'm stuck with kit Kat for the foreseeable future. Been looking, can someone tell me how to downgrade from the alpha so at least I can skin? 

58 minutes ago, Zaphod said:

Utterly blows for me, I'm on a super tight budget, buying the software was  a treat, not to mention some skins, and I'm stuck with kit Kat for the foreseeable future. Been looking, can someone tell me how to downgrade from the alpha so at least I can skin? 

Uninstall the app, remove yourself from  the beta in playstore, reboot device and install stable build. 

I use Poweramp v3 with arunchained reloaded and connect to the head unit with Microsoft wireless display adapter. I can't get Poweramp to pause automatically when I disconnect from the head unit via Bluetooth or mirracast. It will pause on disconnect when I use the slimport adapter. Does anyone know of a solution for this?

20 minutes ago, akincakiner said:

will this update need to be installed manually like an .APK or On the Play Store?

Should be both. I suspect the APK may come first, and if that goes OK then it will be made available to people who have subscribed to the beta-test option in Google Play too.

Andre

3 hours ago, andrewilley said:

Should be both. I suspect the APK may come first, and if that goes OK then it will be made available to people who have subscribed to the beta-test option in Google Play too.

Andre

How can I subscribe to beta-test for Poweramp via Google Play? I don't see the option.
Thanks

4 hours ago, andrewilley said:

Andre

Ah okay that's sounds great :D but if i readed it right than it will be something like a complete redesign right? or only a Material design look. Both is awesome tbh beceause yeah material design is awesome <3. Last question: would it be done or do you think if it would be done in one of these days?

2 hours ago, akincakiner said:

if i readed it right than it will be something like a complete redesign right? or only a Material design look.

The idea was to give Poweramp a more modern 'material' look-and-feel throughout, but without reducing the core functionality. Max found the only way to do this neatly was a rebuild of the entire interface code from the ground up, which is why it has taken so long.

Andre

6 minutes ago, Brainscollector said:

3.0 is already out? I was in settings but I don't see this option

You'll only see the option to try the alpha/beta test builds if you are currently running the regular Google Play release version of course.

Andre

4 hours ago, andrewilley said:

The idea was to give Poweramp a more modern 'material' look-and-feel throughout, but without reducing the core functionality. Max found the only way to do this neatly was a rebuild of the entire interface code from the ground up, which is why it has taken so long.

Andre

ah okay thank you :D, can t wait for this update

Archived