• Announcements

• andrewilley

Poweramp v3 Project Update   04/25/2017

As you may be aware, the Poweramp developer has been working hard on an updated material design user interface for Poweramp v3 which required a full ground-up rebuild of the code and is taking some time to get to a beta-test stage. See the forum thread for more details and to discuss.    
andrewilley

Poweramp v3 Project Update

630 posts in this topic

And now people are getting blocked on Twitter for merely asking for a screenshot of the new UI. It just keeps getting better!

I think v3 is working flawlessly for me. No skips, no issues at all. Sounds just awesome on my phone compared to BlackPlayer EX, that I was on before this. The bass just an eargasm. I don't even have hi-fi phone either. So glad I switched. I use mp3 and that could be why my music never skips too.  I used other formats but mp3 just awesome for no skipping. Ever since I went back to mp3 from AAC, OGG Vorbis, it just has no skips. Don't know why the other formats skip a lot. Not the best earbuds but for the price Skullycandy Ink'd 2.0 sound awesome with the bass only half way. I listen to metal, metalcore, hardcore music mainly. If it was rap, then I would turn the bass down even lower.

5 hours ago, spacebar2011 said:

LOL

Kek. Cheburek.:D

19 hours ago, spacebar2011 said:

And now people are getting blocked on Twitter for merely asking for a screenshot of the new UI. It just keeps getting better!

Who is being 'blocked'?

Andre

I think we will get next build after Android O release because Max will have to adapt the player for the new Android O sound features.

4 hours ago, x1ld3n said:

I think we will get next build after Android O release because Max will have to adapt the player for the new Android O sound features.

Lol.

8 hours ago, x1ld3n said:

I think you mean Android Z!

3 hours ago, utahman1971 said:

I think you mean Android Z!

?

13 hours ago, x1ld3n said:

Works fine on my Nexus 5x with Android O

I wonder which one will come first:

– Poweramp v3
– Half-Life 3
– Portal 3
– RedPower: The Game
– New Android UI design
(so we need a new UI for Poweramp again)

Just kidding tho, looking forward to the update. :)

21 hours ago, x1ld3n said:

Or he just finishes the version as it is and implements features of upcoming android later in a Poweramp V3.x (or V4).

If every developer would halt the development just because of features which will added in a future OS Update (from which he does not know how many people even would get it) then stuff would never get finished.

On 20.5.2017 at 9:52 PM, x1ld3n said:

Only March, then April, then the text of it with statement was May, if in May nothing comes I can not take the whole seriously. There is no reason to wait for O, runs easily. Next we wait for Android 9 - 10 .... 

On 2017-5-20 at 8:36 AM, andrewilley said:

Who is being 'blocked'?

Andre

I was. Funny I was unblocked by the time I saw this reply.

On 2017-5-20 at 1:50 AM, martinkem said:

Any news on the v3 beta from our Overlord? 

ASAP™

On 5/20/2017 at 3:52 PM, x1ld3n said:

This seems right.

On 5/21/2017 at 5:21 AM, pauldamo said:

Works fine on my Nexus 5x with Android O

Yes, but high res does not work on N, let alone O

On 5/21/2017 at 1:22 PM, Wolfpig said:

Or he just finishes the version as it is and implements features of upcoming android later in a Poweramp V3.x (or V4).

If every developer would halt the development just because of features which will added in a future OS Update (from which he does not know how many people even would get it) then stuff would never get finished.

He could. On the flip side high res does not work on N. So I assume he would need to fix high res in N first then fix it again in O.

7 hours ago, BROKEN said:

Yes, but high res does not work on N, let alone O

The alpha-test works fine on some Nougat versions (you need to be using PA build 704 though) but to be fair this alpha build was issued over a year ago, before N and a lot of these devices were officially released, so it's rather nice that it works at all given the way Google keep moving the goalposts. The forthcoming beta should address compatibility issues with a lot of newer devices.

Andre

8 hours ago, andrewilley said:

The alpha-test works fine on some Nougat versions (you need to be using PA build 704 though) but to be fair this alpha build was issued over a year ago, before N and a lot of these devices were officially released, so it's rather nice that it works at all given the way Google keep moving the goalposts. The forthcoming beta should address compatibility issues with a lot of newer devices.

Hey can u give The date or timeline when new update is coming.

2 hours ago, andrewilley said:

The alpha-test works fine on some Nougat versions (you need to be using PA build 704 though) but to be fair this alpha build was issued over a year ago, before N and a lot of these devices were officially released, so it's rather nice that it works at all given the way Google keep moving the goalposts. The forthcoming beta should address compatibility issues with a lot of newer devices.

Andre

This is not an alpha test, it's just a mockery. Everyone is waiting for this beta version as the second coming. Well, how long do we need to wait, damn it ?!

Two news.
The bad one: an additional round of device specific optimizing and polishing is required for Poweramp v3.0, this delays release. As indicated before, v3 will run on Androids 5.0+ (O included). Poweramp v2 stays for 2.3-4.4.
Good one: everything works and I'm on finishing steps. Just stuff like Samsung Mali driver bug in phones up to S8+ causing inability to render some simple stuff in 60fps need to be taken care of (if interested, some Samsung Mali based devices - the ones with Exynos - have an issue in OpenGL HWUI renderer - they lag at render like 40 nine-patch images probably due to HWUI caching issues on those devices).

Keep tuned.

9 minutes ago, maxmp said:

Two news.
The bad one: an additional round of device specific optimizing and polishing is required for Poweramp v3.0, this delays release. As indicated before, v3 will run on Androids 5.0+ (O included). Poweramp v2 stays for 2.3-4.4.
Good one: everything works and I'm on finishing steps. Just stuff like Samsung Mali driver bug in phones up to S8+ causing inability to render some simple stuff in 60fps need to be taken care of (if interested, some Samsung Mali based devices - the ones with Exynos - have an issue in OpenGL HWUI renderer - they lag at render like 40 nine-patch images probably due to HWUI caching issues on those devices).

Keep tuned.

Thaks a lor for the update max

47 minutes ago, maxmp said:

Two news.

Keep tuned.

Will high res work for the LG V20 when you release the next version?

Tnx for the update boss, I guess the shaman song from the last page helped if everything works (except few phones)

3 hours ago, maxmp said:

Two news.

Keep tuned.

? Can't wait.