• Announcements

• andrewilley

Poweramp v3 - Next Beta Release Planned for April 2018   03/14/2018

As you may be aware, the Poweramp developer has been working hard on an updated material design user interface for Poweramp v3 which required a full ground-up rebuild of the code and is taking some time to get to a beta-test stage. See the forum thread for more details and to discuss, but it is currently hoped that the next Beta Test release will be ready for April 2018.    
andrewilley

Poweramp v3 Project Update (please read first post for latest info before commenting)

2,403 posts in this topic

beta v3 is cool.. only complaint i see is that he's done what most music players do and seperate the artist from a single album/folder into its own seperate entity... to further explain, one album with 50 different artist all under the same genre,instead of me just being able to click on that album ( i usually go genre >> album) now i see every single artist in that album seperated into 50 different choices under said genre,super annoying and was the one thing i loved bout this app that it didnt seperate everything like every other basic music player does... hopefully this is fixed in the final version..

start with non custom roms and stay stock non rooted which is the majority, because we with standard bootloaders and locked should be first. we shouldn't be waiting for all variants compliance 

7.1.1 to 8.0 first stability all others wait

2 hours ago, Random.Potato said:

Max pelase relese teh PowreAmt befor is it too late! Befoer the World Wor 3 begen! Halp! :ph34r:

He's probably having a swig of white russian trying to figure out what to do next😎😂

4 hours ago, Icarus said:

start with non custom roms and stay stock non rooted which is the majority, because we with standard bootloaders and locked should be first. we shouldn't be waiting for all variants compliance 

7.1.1 to 8.0 first stability all others wait

No.

I really hope the update does release this month. I never talk in the forums but regularly get on here to see about updates. I've been using Poweramp for a long time because it's one of the best music players I've ever used. Tried many music players in the app store because I wanted an updated look but came right back to Poweramp. I know there has been a lot of complaining about delays but that goes to show just how great of an app it is. Anyway thanks for the incredible app, Max. I hope it's released soon. 

Last Poweramp update was April 16th, maybe Max will release it today to memorialize working on the project for the two full years? Hope that's what happens !

1 hour ago, Stevieex23 said:

Last Poweramp update was April 16th, maybe Max will release it today to memorialize working on the project for the two full years? Hope that's what happens !

he hired by SpaceX elon musk now. thats why he cant finished the PA until now. 😭

12 hours ago, SynekPablo said:

Maybe we should ask Google not to publish a new Android every year.

As soon as Max wants to release a working beta, Google comes up with a new Android and Max has to start all over again.

That's not fair😉

Haahahaha.!😅 That might help

Calm down everybody! April hasn't ended yet, the world isn't ending. Can't you guys just patently wait for once? Crying every single day for a release? You'll get the beta when it's ready whenever that is. Till then sit and wait patiently like everybody else.

5 hours ago, TechboManiac98 said:

Calm down everybody! April hasn't ended yet, the world isn't ending. Can't you guys just patently wait for once? Crying every single day for a release? You'll get the beta when it's ready whenever that is. Till then sit and wait patiently like everybody else.

For once? After 2 years with non met dev issued deadlines you have the nerve to say "for once". In my case I'm not waiting for it simply because I don't believe dev's deadlines anymore. But I can clearly understand the tension of some, specially now that the stable version is not even running properly on new devices. 

2 hours ago, papete said:

For once? After 2 years with non met dev issued deadlines you have the nerve to say "for once". In my case I'm not waiting for it simply because I don't believe dev's deadlines anymore. But I can clearly understand the tension of some, specially now that the stable version is not even running properly on new devices. 

Crying won't make it happen any faster.

8 minutes ago, TechboManiac98 said:

Crying won't make it happen any faster.

You're trying to stop complaining by complaining, we all want the same thing, everyone please stop arguing and passive agressive comments

5 hours ago, TechboManiac98 said:

Calm down everybody!...........patently wait for once?......................like everybody else.

I get your point.

This forum is just not normal, and becoming the worst. Never been to a forum that has this much issues over waiting for a product. Yes, I have been to many, and this beats all of them. Sounds like all of you made a meeting together, and brought all your computers to it, and started a cult against Max to me. Just the complainers, and impatienters. Take your Prozac!

3 hours ago, TechboManiac98 said:

Calm the fuck down everybody! April hasn't ended yet, the world isn't ending. Can't you guys just patently wait for once? Crying every single day for a release? You'll get the beta when it's ready whenever that is. Till then sit on your ass and wait patiently like everybody else.

It will release in december 2018..lol

6 hours ago, Noobie said:

Omg its 16th of April already, where is the Poweramp v3 beta 😭😭😭

16th April, that's... erm, well only half-way through the month.

Enough with the ETA requests and expletive-ridden tantrums folks! We've all (well, mostly) been around here long enough to know not to hold our breaths waiting for releases, but to enjoy it when something finally arrives.

Andre

it was becoming a quite abrasive conversation today. yes i agree. lets stop in house fighting.enough of that out in the world. having to force stop the app to get it to work now is ok.

1 hour ago, andrewilley said:

16th April, that's... erm, well only half-way through the month.

Enough with the ETA requests and expletive-ridden tantrums folks! We've all (well, mostly) been around here long enough to know not to hold our breaths waiting for releases, but to enjoy it when something finally arrives.

Andre

I'm surprised u haven't quit by now Andre....i mean seriously...this thread is pretty much the only active tread. Its either folks bitching about no update, or an issue they have with current version that cant be fixed. why bother hanging around as a forum mod at this point. Just log off and leave it to the wolves....lol. :lol: