• Announcements

• andrewilley

Poweramp v3 - Next Beta Release Planned for April 2018   03/14/2018

As you may be aware, the Poweramp developer has been working hard on an updated material design user interface for Poweramp v3 which required a full ground-up rebuild of the code and is taking some time to get to a beta-test stage. See the forum thread for more details and to discuss, but it is currently hoped that the next Beta Test release will be ready for April 2018.    
andrewilley

Poweramp v3 Project Update (please read first post for latest info before commenting)

2,403 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, Icarus said:

no many wont after a while. its like samsung. they lose customers.

I've already buried the hope long ago and I'm at NEUTRON.

Every now and then I look in here and notice again and again that nothing has happened.

People still waiting ...

I think that Jesus Christ personally comes back to earth to announce the completion of Poweramp V3.

(I hope you can read the sarcasm)

Nobody is noticing that this Monday Poweramp 703/704 will be two years old.

By the way I hope for something on that date, after that date I'll bury my hopes for v3 beta.

I'm sure - neither in April, nor in May, nor further on the account, there will be no versions. At the end of May, the version of Android for developers, Max Stopudovo awaits it, then standard excuses begin - I need time, I can not, I wait for OTA, and so on. It seems to me that you need to stop fooling users and honestly say that the project has outlived itself because of a lack of knowledge of the developer himself, well, or just reluctance.
Nothing personal, just business.

3 hours ago, AryToNeX said:

Nobody is noticing that this Monday Poweramp 703/704 will be two years old.

By the way I hope for something on that date, after that date I'll bury my hopes for v3 beta.

I'm with this one

Hope is only lost to those who give up!

I hope max stays on his word and release v3 within this month.

2 hours ago, OMi said:

I hope max stays on his word and release v3 within this month.

Actually, he told he will release the beta version of v3 this month and you won't have the v3 until 2020 I guess....

Hi Andre, Can you ask Max if he can atleast provide us with the latest beta version he had built? (Which he had given only to approved members) 

I can manage with the bugs I guess... I just badly need it...

Honestly, I don't even want the v3 now, give me the v2 with working notification controls and Oreo like look on it. 😪

2 hours ago, Karthik2000 said:

Hi Andre, Can you ask Max if he can atleast provide us with the latest beta version he had built? (Which he had given only to approved members) 

I can manage with the bugs I guess... I just badly need it...

Why do you think that anyone got a test version of his dev branch outside of the public channels like here or the playstore?

If that would be the case you for sure would be able to download that from not official sources....

Back to the massive complaints, that just won't stop. Jeez! Just another calm of the storm until they start it up again. It has been said many times of what you all complain about, but you rather leave for a while then come back and start it all over again. New people, shmew people. Probably same people signing up as new to just do what they already did. I have to get myself to stop visiting. There is just nothing new in here, in this thread.

7 hours ago, Karthik2000 said:

No one has a complete beta build as there isn't one. Please read the first message in the thread.

However I do agree with @krazzyvishal that the Oreo stability problems in the stable release really need addressing if there is to be any further delay in the next v3 beta.

Andre

i would say so strongly. Nothing worse than clicking Poweramp, the only app out of 600 on my note 8 that literally locks up device every time.  

25 minutes ago, Icarus said:

i would say so strongly. Nothing worse than clicking Poweramp, the only app out of 600 on my note 8 that literally locks up device every time.  

Works ok on my Note8 SM-N905F with oreo

nice try being unlocked, but 90 pct note users it does lock up, even the moderator agrees. and you might not be running the alpha i am.

Holy sh*t, this is next level stuff, as usual Poweramp is leaps and bound above the competition. This interface looks AMAZING, it's innovative and unique yet it looks completely functional and even more usable than anything I've seen before. This is what everyone will try to copy moving forward with Android music players, no wonder he kept it a secret for so long.

5 hours ago, MRK17 said:

Holy sh*t, this is next level stuff, as usual Poweramp is leaps and bound above the competition. This interface looks AMAZING, it's innovative and unique yet it looks completely functional and even more usable than anything I've seen before. This is what everyone will try to copy moving forward with Android music players, no wonder he kept it a secret for so long.

What do I have from a music player who looks good?

Nothing, absolutely nothing!

The part is to play music.

Someone here does not understand the purpose of a music player.

Take a screenshot of the surface and become happy.

17 minutes ago, SynekPablo said:

What do I have from a music player who looks good?

Nothing, absolutely nothing!

The part is to play music.

Someone here does not understand the purpose of a music player.

Take a screenshot of the surface and become happy.

Yeppers, who cares what the player looks like, sound is all that matters

About halfway through April anyone have any new exciting news to share?

2 hours ago, SwiperRat said:

Yeppers, who cares what the player looks like, sound is all that matters

You should try neutr*n, i have purchased both neutr*n and Poweramp

52 minutes ago, Stevieex23 said:

About halfway through April anyone have any new exciting news to share?

Poweramp V3 will come when aliens come to Earth and prove to us that the Earth is flat. If they got Poweramp V3 on board maybe they will share to us

2 minutes ago, Yudhis said:

You should try neutr*n, i have purchased both neutr*n and Poweramp

I am on Neutron since 2 years. It's perfect because it play music also in Hi Res

On 4/6/2018 at 4:30 PM, Keerah said:

Oh this is sooo TRUE!

SOUND + usability! Thats all we need.
Poweramp's usability has already been of very good level.
 just want my HTC 10's HIRES output to be stable! (i currently can barely use it)
Thats all! 

Love

Just don't update to Oreo.  High Res will be be gone after that.  At least I can skip songs again without worrying about crashes.

12 hours ago, Icarus said:

nice try being unlocked, but 90 pct note users it does lock up, even the moderator agrees.

Don't misquote me. A few users have reported this issue, with some versions of Oreo. Not sure where you got a 90% figure from.

Andre