Poweramp v3 Project Update (please read first post for latest info before commenting)

andrewilley

On 4/11/2018 at 5:08 AM, thejackalsmark said:

I currently use alpha build 704 on my Galaxy S8 Snapdragon device, with Android 7.0 nougat, stock and currently unrooted. and while I eagerly await the chance to test version 3, I also have no complaints whatsoever about the current alpha build.

Poweramp in my opinion has always been one of if not the best music player out there. The only thing that I wish the current alpha build had that it doesn't is the theming support. A very minor and tolerable thing, considering the absolutely phenomenal quality of this music player.

Max, you are absolutely to be commended and being that you're working on this entire project single-handedly, I for one salute you in what you have accomplished thus far!

I hope you are doing well and keep up the excellent work.

+1

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
25 minutes ago, JJ Singh said:

Man it's 12 April already how much more we have to wait for new beta? 

April still has 18 days left.

And depending on how fast max is (or if some unexpected stuff happens) it may come a bit later....;)

5 hours ago, Stevieex23 said:

So do I need an encoder to use High Res with my phone? (Moto X Pure) I've never used it but I've always wondered how big the quality difference is

If High Res works on your device yet, the controls can be found in Settings > Audio > Output > Hi-Res Output (Experimental). Otherwise you'll need to wait for the next release I'm afraid. There are no external drivers to add.

You may also want to check the Requests thread, http://forum.powerampapp.com/topic/8735-requests-for-hi-res-support-please-ensure-you-are-using-poweramp-build-704-before-requesting/ , and perhaps post your device details there if needed.

Andre

It doesn't necessarily have to be last day of April. Its beta release not a finished product. Its okay to release it early. So many users are looking forward to it. Consider it max. Unless you enjoy making people wait like this. :(

2 hours ago, TechboManiac98 said:

Guys calm the f*** down. I don't know about you guys but i have waited 2 years! Max gave us an update on the situation was more than enough for me and he promised an update this month after all this time!? That's great! I don't mind waiting a couple more weeks heck I'd wait a month or more! I have waited 2 years for this and I don't mind waiting a few more weeks. Grow up.

Haha we were that young and impatient once. And no one is going to listen to the advice of a "slow old fogey".

It's classic missing the forest for the trees. Users forget that while they are pining for the latest and greatest, the current product is already working. One wonders how much enjoyment there can be in the current product if one's mind is always focused on the next big version? 

2 hours ago, quirK said:

Haha we were that young and impatient once. And no one is going to listen to the advice of a "slow old fogey".

It's classic missing the forest for the trees. Users forget that while they are pining for the latest and greatest, the current product is already working. One wonders how much enjoyment there can be in the current product if one's mind is always focused on the next big version? 

Well im still young .. and ive enjoyed the current product to its fullest.. but there is an element of surprise and wait for the beta.. which is causing people to be excited.. its normal ☺️

5 hours ago, andrewilley said:

If High Res works on your device yet, the controls can be found in Settings > Audio > Output > Hi-Res Output (Experimental). Otherwise you'll need to wait for the next release I'm afraid. There are no external drivers to add.

You may also want to check the Requests thread, http://forum.powerampapp.com/topic/8735-requests-for-hi-res-support-please-ensure-you-are-using-Poweramp-build-704-before-requesting/ , and perhaps post your device details there if needed.

Andre

I already added my device to the high res requests like a year ago, High Res does show up I just wanted to know if people have used it without USB Dac output, thanks for responding though I appreciate it

7 hours ago, TechboManiac98 said:

Guys calm the f*** down. I don't know about you guys but i have waited 2 years! Max gave us an update on the situation was more than enough for me and he promised an update this month after all this time!? That's great! I don't mind waiting a couple more weeks heck I'd wait a month or more! I have waited 2 years for this and I don't mind waiting a few more weeks. Grow up.

True but everyone has different reactions having been kept waiting for two years so don't try to make an impact on others. I'm sure that you are impatient and eager as well.

HEY HEY! Good news for everyone who still misses HIRES output. Try NEUTRON player, the developer recently added the experimental Hires output support and it worked for my HTC10, although its was quite tricky, but it WORKS now with no lags! If it's not detected automatically, search for Audio Hardware settings, then turn on the Generic Diver and go through all modes to find the one supported by your phone. F**ck Poweramp, Neutron has 64 bit processing and parametric EQ, give it a try.

For my HTC 10 lifestyle the settings were: 

On AUDIO HARDWARE screen:
Disable 32 bit output
Disable Low Latency
Eanble Generic Driver then tap on Generic Driver text for the next screen

On GENERIC DRIVER page disable all settings except Custom Format, then click Custom Format itself
then on FORMAT screen I chose 
Format: 24 bit
Frequency: 192 bit
Mode: FAST 
Right after enabling these you'll hear a slight volume decrease, that means you Hires works now, you can also see the status of your output in AUDIO HARDWARE screen in the field under CPU VEC and DRV information (its also clickable to see the log of output initialization). 

2 hours ago, Keerah said:

HEY HEY! Good news for everyone who still misses HIRES output. Try NEUTRON player, the developer recently added the experimental Hires output support and it worked for my HTC10, although its was quite tricky, but it WORKS now with no lags! If it's not detected automatically, search for Audio Hardware settings, then turn on the Generic Diver and go through all modes to find the one supported by your phone. F**ck Poweramp, Neutron has 64 bit processing and parametric EQ, give it a try.

Disable 32 bit output
Disable Low Latency

On GENERIC DRIVER page disable all settings except Custom Format, then click Custom Format itself
Right after enabling these you'll hear a slight volume decrease, that means you Hires works now, you can also see the status of your output in AUDIO HARDWARE screen in the field under CPU VEC and DRV information (its also clickable to see the log of output initialization). 

Hi Res support in Neutron is nothing new.

Have this often written in the forum.

But nice to read the one more that has finally discovered.

14 hours ago, andrewilley said:

But it does need to be a working product.

Andre

2 years and still not working? The thing that it had to be rebuild because of new UI isn't an excuse... If he can't manage this project by himself maybe it's time to take proper steps to change it? Anyway, I'm looking forward to seeing new release. Alpha has 3 annoying bugs that haven't been resolved ever... I'm curious if they are still present in beta.

5 hours ago, Keerah said:

Disable 32 bit output
Disable Low Latency

Tried but no good.... Guys plz help me I'm using redmi note 4 with omni rom custom oreo... even though my device support hi res but output of dumpsys media.audio_flinger is always 48khz 16bit pcm ??

6 hours ago, utahman1971 said:

Sharing your emotions with the forum is normal? I can understand being impatient but telling the whole forum that could be more from the world joining. Not saying to be rude but it is kind of bothering others that they come here to share their emotions of how they feel towards them not being patient. We can't control your impatience. Neither can Max. Oh and in first post, it says about this too about requests to finish and release it sooner.

Yeah true ... But when its a forum you expect such banter.. heck even after the beta release some guys would be sobbing about how bad they feel it is and will make statements about switching to some other player?

On 4/11/2018 at 2:26 PM, musick said:

As @andrewilleysaid, go ahead & test it out on PA alpha. If not, wait for the beta release(hopefully this month), or go for UAPP(USB Audio Player Pro), which I can confirm added HiRes to Mi A1 since it was mentioned in the changelog a few updates back. Hope this helped! Happy listening!

Thanks man 

but just asking how do u know that high res audio is working ? 

The audio quality btw play music and Poweramp is different( Poweramp is better obviously)

Is that mean high res Is working ???

Archived