Poweramp v3 Project Update (please read first post for latest info before commenting)

andrewilley

6 hours ago, utahman1971 said:

Just because a player plays that, does not mean it will sound better either. Equalizers are not all the same and neither are players. You can still have it sound crappy playing 24/192 because the player is just not set right for it but plays it just fine. That why an audio engine and right one is chosen to be used on a player. If you think just listening to 24/192, just as playing it only on a normal player, then it will just sound basic. Disagree with me, fine but I will not switch from a better setup app, even if it is not past Alpha stage just because others are impatient. Google Play Music is for more of streaming than set for more offline. You can do it, but they expect money besides using offline play.

Just like buying a car audio system. You won't get the same sound if you buy a system for $100 vs $1000 one, as an example.

i love to hearing music with no EQ, no Effects, no Dolby/DTS emulation or something like that. flat, yeah i like flat EQ and unaltered audio. just pure what it is the audio inside the file.

my phone has Hi-Res Audio detection playback mode. with Google Play Music i can enjoy pure Hi-Res music. but with Poweramp Alpha704 i cant. because i already updated my phone to Nougat and Poweramp sadly can't do Hi-Res Audio output anymore. unless i'm still in Marshmallow. ?

edit: Google Play Music streaming currently not available in my country. Only can play offline music (mp3, FLAC)

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, Random.Potato said:

i love to hearing music with no EQ, no Effects, no Dolby/DTS emulation or something like that. flat, yeah i like flat EQ and unaltered audio. just pure what it is the audio inside the file.

my phone has Hi-Res Audio detection playback mode. with Google Play Music i can enjoy pure Hi-Res music. but with Poweramp Alpha704 i cant. because i already updated my phone to Nougat and Poweramp sadly can't do Hi-Res Audio output anymore. unless i'm still in Marshmallow. ?

edit: Google Play Music streaming currently not available in my country. Only can play offline music (mp3, FLAC)

Invest in a better headphone then..if you don't have one.  i appreciate the idea of unfiltered audio, but with a crappy  or subpar headset you would not be able to experience quality unless you crank up the EQ or effects

2 hours ago, Ameya28 said:

Invest in a better headphone then..if you don't have one.  i appreciate the idea of unfiltered audio, but with a crappy  or subpar headset you would not be able to experience quality unless you crank up the EQ or effects

Surely he has ones otherwise what would be the point of high resolution audio?

I too enjoy bit perfect audio, from the decoder direct to the dac! :)

With Android P to fully come not to long from now...later this year.

bye bye Poweramp. 

I do not have a device to try the P DP on. But the time i had a dev device (from a colleague) with an earlier build of P on it...Poweramp did not work.

And i don't think the current v3 704 is targeted at SDK 26+ (android O) which is a requirement of app updates starting Nov 2018.

On 4/25/2017 at 1:04 PM, maxmp said:

Sorry for the delay)

I think I'm quite good at programming, but unfortunately, I'm bad on managing other developers, so basically I do everything by myself.

That of course is not speeding things up.

Also, I try to polish each feature until it works 100%. It's not possible to predict how long exactly that or this feature will take time to complete.
Especially on Android, when you may need to write whole functionality from scratch as platform-provided one is buggy, is not reliable, or plain doesn't work on some devices/ROMs.

Currently, planned v3 beta release month is set to May. This will be full featured v3 (it's basically alpha3 + new UI + fixes for recent ROMs, but not more).

Thanks!

On 5/23/2017 at 2:06 PM, maxmp said:

Two news.
The bad one: an additional round of device specific optimizing and polishing is required for Poweramp v3.0, this delays release. As indicated before, v3 will run on Androids 5.0+ (O included). Poweramp v2 stays for 2.3-4.4.
Good one: everything works and I'm on finishing steps. Just stuff like Samsung Mali driver bug in phones up to S8+ causing inability to render some simple stuff in 60fps need to be taken care of (if interested, some Samsung Mali based devices - the ones with Exynos - have an issue in OpenGL HWUI renderer - they lag at render like 40 nine-patch images probably due to HWUI caching issues on those devices).

Keep tuned.

I don't care how much time you take to release next update but it has to be fully working without any glitches, flaws and it should be incredible, extraordinary and there will be no comparison to it and its features. Thank you.

Max, why are you not fixing the notification problem on Android 8.1? Why do we have to install a 3rd party .apk to solve a problem with your app? Why are you still working on a future version of the app if the current one is not working properly? That's a total lack of respect for all those who paid for the app, don't you think?

https://developer.android.com/preview/download.html 

When all the predictions about the next Android being released and Max still hasn't even said a word about releasing V3 makes you lose all hope completely. All those people that have always said "wait patiently" when it has been 2 years+ with multiple failed release dates makes all this disappointing, I was expecting to get this last May because that was the release date put on in the beginning of last year, there really is no point to even waiting anymore, no communication, no engagement with the community, Max keeps trying to add new functionality to new versions of Android and the cycle will really never end, this app will be abandoned sooner or later, if not by Max then by the community

16 minutes ago, Stevieex23 said:

https://developer.android.com/preview/download.html 

When all the predictions about the next Android being released and Max still hasn't even said a word about releasing V3 makes you lose all hope completely. All those people that have always said "wait patiently" when it has been 2 years+ with multiple failed release dates makes all this disappointing, I was expecting to get this last May because that was the release date put on in the beginning of last year, there really is no point to even waiting anymore, no communication, no engagement with the community, Max keeps trying to add new functionality to new versions of Android and the cycle will really never end, this app will be abandoned sooner or later, if not by Max then by the community

Totally agree....

It is also possible that someone else brings a better app before the release happens.

Archived