• Announcements

• andrewilley

Poweramp v3 - Next Beta Release Planned for April 2018   03/14/2018

As you may be aware, the Poweramp developer has been working hard on an updated material design user interface for Poweramp v3 which required a full ground-up rebuild of the code and is taking some time to get to a beta-test stage. See the forum thread for more details and to discuss, but it is currently hoped that the next Beta Test release will be ready for April 2018.    
andrewilley

Poweramp v3 Project Update (please read first post for latest info before commenting)

2,425 posts in this topic

There are couple of tweaks needed to polish performance on Galaxy S9 and Sony XZ2, so expect release around August.

Ack.  I mindlessly accepted the install of Oreo on my HTC 10.  Is everything going to work ok?

58 minutes ago, dumahim said:

Ack.  I mindlessly accepted the install of Oreo on my HTC 10.  Is everything going to work ok?

Not counting the carriage and a small truck of bugs - yes. Everything will work.

15 minutes ago, antonridd said:

Not counting the carriage and a small truck of bugs - yes. Everything will work.

Well I lost high res.

14 hours ago, andrewilley said:

You don't want to wait, then move on.

Andre

Ahahahah. Lol. How many years need to wait? Would you answer?

22 minutes ago, crashjant said:

Ahahahah. Lol. How many years need to wait? Would you answer?

If I knew that answer do you you think I'd be hiding it for some reason, just to wind people up maybe? I'm afraid I'm mostly kept just as much in the dark about timescales and progress as everyone else.

Andre

What is the meaning of this topic, if no information is given here about Poweramp V3?

Whenever anything is known about the next build of v3, it will be posted here. In the meantime, discussion of the topic is fine (because that keeps the rest of these forums easier to manage) however profanity and insults or personal comments about other users or the dev are not.

Andre

andrewilley deserve honored price for keeping community alive and calm for years with no real update of PA. I hope max will appreciate what you did here.

4 hours ago, castaway said:

andrewilley deserve honored price for keeping community alive and calm for years with no real update of PA. I hope max will appreciate what you did here.

+1 max does not deserve Andrew... 

This thread 😂. Going to be 2 whole years in a month without a single update of any kind. I don't know what else abandonware is, if not this.. The sheer lack of any regard, respect or honesty from the developer actually makes me angry for supporting and encouraging this app for years. Just last year, I made a bunch of my friends buy Poweramp despite there being more than a few capable, free options on the market. My reason to them was great audio, hi res internal DAC support and a great developer behind the app. I look like a moron to all those people now.

+1

1 request ..if he doesnt release by may 2018 ..d release date of android P..kindly close d thread ..Bocz its gonna take 1 more year for him to get everything sorted..n d vicious cycle continues..year after year..till googlenruns our of Alphabets

I'm so sick of this now... 

Never expected such a delay.

FYI, inverse notification colors isn't helping it.

Screenshot_20180301-071820~01~01~01.png

1 hour ago, krazzyvishal said:

I'm so sick of this now... 

Never expected such a delay.

FYI, inverse notification colors isn't helping it.

Screenshot_20180301-071820~01~01~01.png

Go check out the other post by clever_man  android 8.0 notification fix it will do the work for you 👍

4 hours ago, Ameya28 said:

Go check out the other post by clever_man  android 8.0 notification fix it will do the work for you 👍

Lol.

18 minutes ago, crashjant said:

Lol.

Bruh 😪

Something I've learned from music production is you'll never finish a project. Unless Max has been coding GTA 6 inside Poweramp all this time, I can't see a good reason not to release it, other than he abandoned this community, what's sad

48 minutes ago, repoflor said:

Something I've learned from music production is you'll never finish a project. Unless Max has been coding GTA 6 inside Poweramp all this time, I can't see a good reason not to release it, other than he abandoned this community, what's sad

Of course the next beta won't be finished (there will always be stuff to add) but Max wants to get to a point where all of the existing features should be properly work under the new user interface, rather than just some of them. And also that it works on certainly the majority of devices out there (Android 5.0 and up).

Andre

12 hours ago, andrewilley said:

Of course the next beta won't be finished (there will always be stuff to add) but Max wants to get to a point where all of the existing features should be properly work under the new user interface, rather than just some of them. And also that it works on certainly the majority of devices out there (Android 5.0 and up).

Andre

So - we talking about FINAL or BETA ?

Seems about final and Max wanna jump from ALPHA right to RELEASE.

I'm really don't understand.

Alpha is for inner testing.

Beta - for outer testing (by users).

Release - seems Max trying do this thing only by self.

---

So - please close this thread for "little" time to moment, when we will have something to talk about - please.

2 hours ago, 7OH said:

So - we talking about FINAL or BETA ?

The next release will be the first beta-test of the material design user interface, which is what is taking so long as everything needs to be functioning in the new interface, and on as many devices as possible, before unleashing it for wider testing. Max's hope is that there should not then be many issues to resolve before v3 can get to an official release stage.

As far as closing this thread, new ones will only open up. It's easier to have all of this in one place. If you don't want to read it, just unsubscribe from the thread.

Andre

IMO. the UI of the current alpha 704 build is great looking. Black. simple. Exactly what I want. I don't care or want a new design. I don't care about third party themes. I just want the app to function completely as intended and still sound awesome as it currently does.