Poweramp v3 Project Update (please read first post for latest info before commenting)

andrewilley

Poweramp is the best music player on android by far. I've used it on all my devices for years. I had wondered if there was any further development as alpha has been out for ages. It's a great improvement to v2 as far as I'm concerned. Reading this thread it sounds to me like v3 beta and release will be bigger changes still from v2 with a total menu overhaul. I'd like to see some screenshots or concept pics as I'd love to see which way this great app is going visually. Keep up the great work ?

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, RachelCM said:

Poweramp is the best music player on android by far. I've used it on all my devices for years. I had wondered if there was any further development as alpha has been out for ages. It's a great improvement to v2 as far as I'm concerned. Reading this thread it sounds to me like v3 beta and release will be bigger changes still from v2 with a total menu overhaul. I'd like to see some screenshots or concept pics as I'd love to see which way this great app is going visually. Keep up the great work ?

Check out @clever_man profile for the screenshots 

Seriously what the hell is going on?

Remember that May estimate. Well May 2018 is coming up and I don't think we're any closer to getting the beta release. Apps shouldn't take this long to go to alpha to full-release let alone from alpha to beta.

This is bloody ridiculous, at this point the forum might as well be closed down, with such little information coming in and the only information going out being (at this point rightfully) pissed off fans wondering what's going on because Max for whatever reason refuses to make any posts on here nor information the Head Moderator and instead relying on a separate Russian forum to provide info.

If there was a rulebook on things not to do as a popular developer I think Max may have found a way to break every single one so far.

7 hours ago, Brainscollector said:

I just came here to laugh. After half year I'm here again and see completely 0% progress. It's ridiculous. Well done max, here's your badge of the slowest programmer in the world 

Max now were hired by Valve Corporation. Lord Gaben wants him to just wait and sleep beside him until Half Life 3 comes out. And after that Max will join SpaceX project to prove that sound cant travel in vacuum space. And sure he will continue the Poweramp project after that.

4 hours ago, Camzo said:

and instead relying on a separate Russian forum to provide info.

Where you get this nonsense?

Sometimes I ask Max about new information and post this information here and on the 4pda (the last information with screenshot I posted only here by the way). Thats all. Here no any conspiracy theories, just simple communication with the dev.

35 minutes ago, antonridd said:

The only major Russian-language forum where the player was placed - 4pda. But the topic there is already closed.

Yeah it has been closed for a while now so I don't know how he would be communicating to him on there when Max's account hasn't been active recently at all either, if Max has the time to respond to clever why can't he just make monthly progress updates instead of the way things are now, it really doesn't make sense to me how any form of a redesign can take 2 years with no development updates on what is making the update take so long, and im speaking as a programmer myself. We were told it was nearly finished May... Of last year, we are 2 months away from May, no form of communication whatsoever and this is literally a forum about the new update that has been nearly coming for 2 years+, all those countless times I've been told to just wait for it to come and we are still waiting, what is the point in having anything on this forum if Max won't respond to any of it, we don't get news unless it's from someone saying he talks to Max and Max willingly sends him pictures and information about it when he leaves everyone else in the dark, when it literally takes the same amount of effort to post an update on here. There really is nothing left to say, this is really insane to me.

What monthly updates do you want see?

As the latest screenshot says it's gonna be like:

-polished topnavhelper;

-extracted selection code to selection manager;

-popup menu adjustments;

-fixed scenes + scale compensate;

etc...

Do you need that?

And once again, Max WOULD have released another test version, but it's IMPOSSIBLE to compile an application with unfinished UI, and he works with every UI element separately.

8 minutes ago, Volume said:

What monthly updates do you want see?

As the latest screenshot says it's gonna be like:

-polished topnavhelper;

-extracted selection code to selection manager;

-popup menu adjustments;

-fixed scenes + scale compensate;

etc...

Do you need that?

And once again, Max WOULD have released another test version, but it's IMPOSSIBLE to compile an application with unfinished UI, and he works with every UI element separately.

any update is beter than leave us in total darkness

16 hours ago, BROKEN said:

You need to use adb to see if it's reporting accurately.

Actually no and that's the difference between UAPP and the rest of the players, UAPP uses a custom made driver to directly access the usb dac, the rest just use the native android driver.

So UAPP totally bypasses any android mixing situations so there's nothing to see with the commands:

"su

dumpsys media.audio_flinger"

because audio is not being processes by android audio mixer.

Also my dac reports on what's receiving by the LED it has like I explained before.

A simple example is the usage of DSD files, PA decodes and feeds the pcm stream while UAPP can directly feed the DSD stream to the dac giving different led codes on the dac.

3 hours ago, Volume said:

How do you decide that he does anything at all? Do you live with him or what? Lol.

On 5/23/2017 at 11:06 PM, maxmp said:

Two news.
The bad one: an additional round of device specific optimizing and polishing is required for Poweramp v3.0, this delays release. As indicated before, v3 will run on Androids 5.0+ (O included). Poweramp v2 stays for 2.3-4.4.
Good one: everything works and I'm on finishing steps. 

(snip, emphasis mine) 

If everything worked around a year ago and Max was just working on device-specific optimisations, why not just release the new UI as an alpha build only on the forum? 

That way people who know the issues could download it and people who want to stay on the current alpha could also do that.

14 hours ago, crashjant said:

How do you decide that he does anything at all? Do you live with him or what? Lol.

The latest update was just 6 forum pages ago and there are february dated work updates.

12 hours ago, jl91569 said:

If everything worked around a year ago and Max was just working on device-specific optimisations, why not just release the new UI as an alpha build only on the forum? 

That way people who know the issues could download it and people who want to stay on the current alpha could also do that.

I think that there is simply nothing to publish. If it was, then in any case, at least something would have been posted. And so nothing at all.

Archived