Poweramp v3 Project Update (please read first post for latest info before commenting)

andrewilley

I'm currently using UAPP as it has custom drivers for direct usb dac output (bypassing the android mixer) but I still come here and check for news about development.

Most people here became impatient as some ETAs were said but not fulfilled unfortunately.

As @clever_man said I don't believe Max will say anything here as the bashing just went out of control.

Just try some other players, you may find something you may like as I did.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, TechboManiac98 said:

I flashed nougat 7.1.2 on my phone only so I could continue use Poweramp without any hiccups. (I can not stand using anything other than Poweramp, call me a fanboy or what not I'm just too familiar with it at this point.) It's been almost 2 years now regularly checking the forums and all I have gotten is fake screenshots, fake hope and disappointment. Might as well rename the project from Poweramp V3 to WinAMP 5.0. We all know what happened with WinAMP.

They are real screenshots. 

On 23.5.2017 at 3:06 PM, maxmp said:

Two news.
The bad one: an additional round of device specific optimizing and polishing is required for Poweramp v3.0, this delays release. As indicated before, v3 will run on Androids 5.0+ (O included). Poweramp v2 stays for 2.3-4.4.
Good one: everything works and I'm on finishing steps. Just stuff like Samsung Mali driver bug in phones up to S8+ causing inability to render some simple stuff in 60fps need to be taken care of (if interested, some Samsung Mali based devices - the ones with Exynos - have an issue in OpenGL HWUI renderer - they lag at render like 40 nine-patch images probably due to HWUI caching issues on those devices).

Keep tuned.

I like to talk directly and clearly. 

Almostst a year later and nothing happened. In 46 years of life and 7 or 8 years Android I have never experienced such a behavior. No new feedback, nothing. Poor and hard. 

27 minutes ago, raddacle said:

Wait... is the last build of this app almost 2 years old? Is this app dead?

I'd say that the development of this app could be called "mythic", so who knows. In a couple of decades we will tell our kids legends about the brave but unseen developer trying to adapt his music player to all the existing android versions lol. 

124861.jpg

4 hours ago, Seymur993 said:

I'd say that the development of this app could be called "mythic", so who knows. In a couple of decades we will tell our kids legends about the brave but unseen developer trying to adapt his music player to all the existing android versions lol. 

124861.jpg

Quite a story thou shall be ?

I don't know if anyone asked this before but how exactly does Clever_man get all this really secretive information from Max when someone like Andre who's a Mod, a loyal Mod at that, doesn't get any info about development at all, does clever_man visit Max personally, are they friends, or is clever_man just Max using an anon account to put out information "on Max's behalf"

58 minutes ago, Stevieex23 said:

I don't know if anyone asked this before but how exactly does Clever_man get all this really secretive information from Max when someone like Andre who's a Mod, a loyal Mod at that, doesn't get any info about development at all, does clever_man visit Max personally, are they friends, or is clever_man just Max using an anon account to put out information "on Max's behalf"

From 4pda.ru forums and by Max himself it seems.

7 hours ago, Kado said:

From 4pda.ru forums and by Max himself it seems.

Well, Max hasn't surfaced on the 4pda forums for ages (coincidentally, here too), and has not been proactive lately in general, so is more like nagging him for more insider details, privately. This is pissing everyone off, but you can't ask for more. 

21 minutes ago, Quade13 said:

Well, Max hasn't surfaced on the 4pda forums for ages (coincidentally, here too), and has not been proactive lately in general, so is more like nagging him for more insider details, privately. This is pissing everyone off, but you can't ask for more. 

We can however leave poor reviews on the Play Store for really bad and unprofessional support from the developer. Which is what I'm doing. I'm sure Max is content on leaving the app up on the store for people to buy and then realize how many problems the app really has. 

49 minutes ago, raddacle said:

We can however leave poor reviews on the Play Store for really bad and unprofessional support from the developer. Which is what I'm doing. I'm sure Max is content on leaving the app up on the store for people to buy and then realize how many problems the app really has. 

He most obviously knows the issues. I wouldn't look up the reviews or rating on Play Store simply because the amount of inadequate people who tend to leave such testimonials, and having a poor knack of expressing their concerns. Every now and then you'll stumble upon dozens of meaningless reviews, barring the app in question actually performs well and frequently updated. It's just silly people. 

Not to mention the majority of this crowd has no idea that the release date of next PA build is postponed indefinitely, and there are incurring discussions taking place all around. 

10 hours ago, Stevieex23 said:

Both are from Russia... Work together... Andre however stays in the UK

3 minutes ago, Ameya28 said:

Both are from Russia... Work together... Andre however stays in the UK

He says max sends him pictures to post on the forum though, and Andre does talk to Max when he responds, through like email and such, just wondering why just clever_man gets all the details first

18 hours ago, Stevieex23 said:

I wonder that myself sometimes, but I've put it down to me just being in the wrong country and thus not involved in any of the Russian discussions. :)

Andre

On 20.02.2018 at 2:11 PM, andrewilley said:

I wonder that myself sometimes, but I've put it down to me just being in the wrong country and thus not involved in any of the Russian discussions. :)

Andre

(read with Schwarzenegger accent from the Red Heat movie) Is a good reason to move to the glorious country of Russia, comrade. Come.

8 minutes ago, Random.Potato said:

2028 - Android Zucchini is released.

2028 - There are humans is still waiting for their favourite 3rd party music app to get updated since 2016.

Zucchini? Aren't android names dessert names? On a side note, is there a desser that starts with z?

Archived