• Announcements

• andrewilley

Poweramp v3 Project Update   04/24/2017

As you may be aware, the Poweramp developer has been working hard on an updated material design user interface for Poweramp v3 which required a full ground-up rebuild of the code and is taking some time to get to a beta-test stage. See the forum thread for more details and to discuss.    
andrewilley

Poweramp v3 Project Update (please read first post for latest info before commenting)

1,539 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, superluig164 said:

Not root (though I miss it) and not running anything.  I have an S7 Edge.

I have s7 edge but I do not want to lose samsung pay and it left volte icon on notification bar. Bugs too with the only root availabe for this phone. So I am sticking with no root. I can't stand going from stable no root to buggy root process, that actually makes the phone worse not better. If there was a better root process than the one I saw on XDA, then I would do it.

10 minutes ago, utahman1971 said:

I have s7 edge but I do not want to lose samsung pay and it left volte icon on notification bar. Bugs too with the only root availabe for this phone. So I am sticking with no root. I can stand going from stable no root to buggy root process, that actually makes the phone worse not better. If there was a better root process than the one I saw on XDA, then I would do it.

I would just install Lineage OS, better OS than Samsung's anyway.

42 minutes ago, superluig164 said:

Root is buggy no matter the OS or not perfect for use. If you want to deal with problems then go for it but I can't stand having issues on my devices.

I mean. I'm running root with custom rom on my htc m9. No issues what so ever xd. 

2 minutes ago, dwang040 said:

I mean. I'm running root with custom rom on my htc m9. No issues what so ever xd. 

I meant for the s7 edge. If Samsung made the bootloader unlocked then it would be better.

1 hour ago, superluig164 said:

LOS sucks. But by all means, flash it, let it break all the features you paid for leaving you with 1/2 a working phone.....

18 minutes ago, BROKEN said:

LOS sucks. But by all means, flash it, let it break all the features you paid for leaving you with 1/2 a working phone.....

That's not universal at all. Don't project your bad experiences as being anymore than just that.

1 hour ago, D3Seeker said:

That's not universal at all. Don't project your bad experiences as being anymore than just that.

Not projecting anything. OEM's use closed source code. That's why camera degrades in quality among other things.

People load up LOS on the LG v20, can't use second screen, can't use quad DAC, and it breaks the used of double camera lens.

So again, applying to all devices, you lose the features you pay for leaving you with half a working phone. That's fact.

Enough with the off-topic root/ROM conversations folks, please set up a new thread in the Chatter section if you want to discuss that further. Thanks.

Andre

7 hours ago, andrewilley said:

Enough with the off-topic root/ROM conversations folks, please set up a new thread in the Chatter section if you want to discuss that further. Thanks.

Andre

Any news?

23 minutes ago, azumukupoe said:

Any news?

Since a couple of days ago? No.

Andre

14 minutes ago, RockStar2005 said:

ALL that is great barca, but what isn't great is continuously being kept in the dark all the time. I look forward to Poweramp once again 1) Letting you import/export Settings files 2) Having the lyrics option ACTUALLY work 3) Having the right album covers display ALL the time. And other things. 

Yeah man .. the album artist/genre menus were outdated ..one of the reasons why im so eager for the beta

34 minutes ago, Ameya28 said:

Yeah man .. the album artist/genre menus were outdated ..one of the reasons why im so eager for the beta

I dunno about outdated Ameya, I just meant how when you switch albums, the 2nd or 3rd song almost always displays the LAST album played. Clearly this is a bug in Alpha 704. I'm just going to assume the next version (V3 or next f'ing beta/alpha lol) will have this fixed. 

The #1 thing I'm MOST grateful for (and the real reason why I put up with Alpha 704 lol) is the new 1% incremental volume option. I f'ing LOVE it!!!!!!!! It lets you fine-tune your sound to get the perfect volume. And since I started getting into Hi-Fi, Hi-Res music (note: Mastered for iTunes albums ARE Hi-Res despite being downsampled) and premium headphones (currently have the awesome Sennheiser HD1 over-ears in Ivory, currently $249/$224 in Black on Amazon), all that stuff really matters to me now. Oh and I notice the sound is slightly clearer and/or louder in Alpha 704 vs. V2. 

13 hours ago, andrewilley said:

Andre

It's better then people whinning over no updates.

If I were a moderator I'd just close this thread. By now everything is said already, just not by everyone. That's why there's so much OT

1 hour ago, LPW00 said:

If I were a moderator I'd just close this thread. By now everything is said already, just not by everyone. That's why there's so much OT

Not to be a problem but who is going to spend all that time going through 56 pages to catch up on the thread?

15 hours ago, LPW00 said:

I keep this thread open to keep this sort of stuff located in one place. Otherwise, there would just be a ton of new threads created asking for ETAs, bemoaning slow progress, etc. It's easier to have at all in one place, which you can ignore if you're not interested. I do split out subject-based discussions or NEW issue reports into their own threads as much as possible though, as they will get most likely get missed long-term in here.

Andre

1 hour ago, andrewilley said:

I keep this thread open to keep this sort of stuff located in one place. Otherwise, there would just be a ton of new threads created asking for ETAs, bemoaning slow progress, etc. It's easier to have at all in one place, which you can ignore if you're not interested. I do split out subject-based discussions or NEW issue reports into their own threads as much as possible though, as they will get most likely get missed long-term in here.

Andre

Makes sense.

What I said goes with what he said. With all the off topics in this thread. Who would read all 56 plus pages to keep up? I just come and click on last page. I would never start from first page all the way through. That is a long time. If he closed it, most people would either skip to last be lost of what was said or read from middle or partial way through or start from beginning that would take a very long time. Also, closed would cause a bunch of different threads to "where is the release?", which I would hate to be on the main forum page scrolling down it to see what so many would be asking in this thread instead. Time consuming that way too. If I had a way to say something about the time it is taken to get beta released sooner, then I would say it, but no ones say about it, is working it faster.

I do have a feeling that Oreo will be released to the majority of phones that are to receive it are getting that before Poweramp Beta is released from Alpha. It is around the corner for Oreo. S8 and S8 + gets it this month. Also, my phone s7 edge gets it just after.

With oreo updates around the corner or whenever it could be smart to just release the new Poweramp after the oreo update. I'm very certain that if they released it, after installing oreo, the high res would incompatible or something. 

59 minutes ago, dwang040 said:

With oreo updates around the corner or whenever it could be smart to just release the new Poweramp after the oreo update. I'm very certain that if they released it, after installing oreo, the high res would incompatible or something. 

He can't do support for Oreo if Oreo is not even released. So pointless to just release it when just everyone says just release it now, and leave those Oreo people left out in the dark until he actually works on it. No support for Oreo until Oreo is finally released to all. Unless, he actually is on a s8 or s8 +, then he can release sooner because Oreo beta, if he even has beta on his phone.

28 minutes ago, utahman1971 said:

He can't do support for Oreo if Oreo is not even released. So pointless to just release it when just everyone says just release it now, and leave those Oreo people left out in the dark until he actually works on it. No support for Oreo until Oreo is finally released to all. Unless, he actually is on a s8 or s8 +, then he can release sooner because Oreo beta, if he even has beta on his phone.

Of course he can, he's not some Apple user, he can take one of those newer Samsung devices he has and slap LOS 15.1 on them. A bunch of devices have Oreo LOS ROMs and a dev wouldn't be afraid of flashing LOS...

My father has a Moto G 2 and I've installed an unofficial LOS 15.1 on it, with MicroG. He gets 5 hours SOT over 2 days. my point is, it's not like custom ROMs are experimental stuff, and a dev could damn well use a custom ROM for testing an app. From the inhumane amount of phones that Max has, he surely has at least one with Oreo already. Have yoh ever seen the phones that he uses for testing?

P.S. I read about 45 pages in like half an hour, then came here every couple days to see what happens. I don't believe there's anything wrong with leaving this as-is, but if you really want to get it clean, I believe the best way would be opening a new thread where we could start from zero (with Max's posts quoted) and close this one

Sure, they can release an update but depending on how soon oreo updates come out, they should make a judgment call on releasing what they currently have (if they finish) or just holding it off. 

That's all I'm saying. 

Were you all really hopeful that there was going to be a release anytime soon xD?