• Announcements

• andrewilley

Poweramp v3 Project Update   04/24/2017

As you may be aware, the Poweramp developer has been working hard on an updated material design user interface for Poweramp v3 which required a full ground-up rebuild of the code and is taking some time to get to a beta-test stage. See the forum thread for more details and to discuss.    
andrewilley

Poweramp v3 Project Update (please read first post for latest info before commenting)

1,539 posts in this topic

As it is so, Talking about getting it sooner, is reverse psychology.

When there is going to be a new music player that has all the features that Poweramp has + bluetooth headset controls work on android 8.0, please let me know. Thank you.

26 minutes ago, Oleh said:

When there is going to be a new music player that has all the features that Poweramp has + bluetooth headset controls work on android 8.0, please let me know. Thank you.

I'm not even on 8.0 and I find that my Bluetooth controls "go to sleep" and then only respond once I turn on my screen.  They work fine with other players.

Did someone try phonograph music player? Going to test it but I need the folder view which is premium...

On 1/1/2018 at 10:08 AM, RockStar2005 said:

He and/or his Support Team just responded to me earlier this morning. Pretty vague though.  

Hello from Poweramp support team!
We are still working on it hard.

Thanks!

Like I said reverse psychology.

9 hours ago, barcajuvebilbao said:

Andrew, did Max replaied to your email ?

Yes, and I posted the general content here a few days ago (31 Dec).

Also, thread cleaned of some offensive posts.

Andre

4 hours ago, Oleh said:

Did someone try phonograph music player? Going to test it but I need the folder view which is premium...

Tried it,it looks good but the quality of the sound is just not up to Poweramps.

On 1/1/2018 at 4:52 PM, superluig164 said:

I'm not even on 8.0 and I find that my Bluetooth controls "go to sleep" and then only respond once I turn on my screen.  They work fine with other players.

Have you tried the keep services option under misc in settings? 

23 minutes ago, dwang040 said:

Have you tried the keep services option under misc in settings? 

No, however I've noticed the controls don't go to sleep when using a wire.

9 hours ago, Oleh said:

This is the one I use daily now (paid), thanks to offloading as the default output. Actually I messed around with the audio policy and managed to reroute Phonograph's playback onto the direct output, which, hey PA, works as intended. I haven't had any problem with that, since I don't need filters and eqs to enjoy music; Neutron (due to poor sound quality) and PA (which is lagging behind and abandoned), both are long gone for me as music players. 

So I've been coming here every few weeks since the past one year or 6 months, to see if the 🤪NEW VERSION🤪 is out and all through this time I read all the hate comments, nagging, etc. which was what even I wanted to type but I never did for so long because I knew it won't be of any use.

Now I'm so ridiculed by the amount of time taken for the MIRACLE UPDATE that I finally wanted to write this, so I logged in and I'm doing it. I'm laughing like crazy at it. Still hoping the new version would come soon. 🤣🤣😂

Please be quick, Max 

1 hour ago, krazzyvishal said:

So I've been coming here every few weeks since the past one year or 6 months, to see if the 🤪NEW VERSION🤪 is out and all through this time I read all the hate comments, nagging, etc. which was what even I wanted to type but I never did for so long because I knew it won't be of any use.

Now I'm so ridiculed by the amount of time taken for the MIRACLE UPDATE that I finally wanted to write this, so I logged in and I'm doing it. I'm laughing like crazy at it. Still hoping the new version would come soon. 🤣🤣😂

Please be quick, Max 

The quick and the dead! I will call it reborn if it ever is released.

Does anyone have an alternative app with a similar sound boost to what Poweramp does?  That's honestly all I use it for is the increased volume of sound that I get when playing music off my phone.  I edit tags elsewhere and use another app for actual library organization but nothing beats PowerAmps volume for me.

54 minutes ago, roll2tide said:

Does anyone have an alternative app with a similar sound boost to what Poweramp does?  That's honestly all I use it for is the increased volume of sound that I get when playing music off my phone.  I edit tags elsewhere and use another app for actual library organization but nothing beats PowerAmps volume for me.

Neutron player. But the UI is very bad and EQ is a pain to use.

There will be 3 major improvements in v3

1. Hi Res Audio

2. Material Design

3. Visualisation

Cmoooon people, it is decent even for 2 year of developing. Other players maybe issue 1 update at 3 mounths, but they implement minor fixes and features, not 3 MAJOR ONES. 

19 minutes ago, barcajuvebilbao said:

There will be 3 major improvements in v3

1. Hi Res Audio

2. Material Design

3. Visualisation

Cmoooon people, it is decent even for 2 year of developing. Other players maybe issue 1 update at 3 mounths, but they implement minor fixes and features, not 3 MAJOR ONES. 

2 years? Didn't V2 come out like 2013? lol

People are just TIRED of waiting. It's now 2018 and "we are working hard" is simply WAY too vague an answer at this point regarding where exactly they are at in terms of completion. 

3 hours ago, RockStar2005 said:

2 years? Didn't V2 come out like 2013? lol

People are just TIRED of waiting. It's now 2018 and "we are working hard" is simply WAY too vague an answer at this point regarding where exactly they are at in terms of completion. 

There was many updates since v2, and I am telling you 3 MAJOR features worth waiting even 2 years.

6 minutes ago, barcajuvebilbao said:

There was many updates since v2, and I am telling you 3 MAJOR features worth waiting even 2 years.

Yeah there were many updates, but now instead of V3 we're being told we're just gonna get another beta/alpha version, and even that we don't have an exact release date for yet. "End of 2017" was the last one we were told, and now it's January 3rd and no update that means anything really. 

14 hours ago, Quade13 said:

and PA (which is lagging behind and abandoned)

PA is not abandoned. Stop spreading false information.

15 hours ago, superluig164 said:

No, however I've noticed the controls don't go to sleep when using a wire.

Yeah, give that setting a try. Do you have root and are running some sort of precession saving program like amplify or greenify? I can't say much since I'm not a Bluetooth guy so I haven't had much experience with your issue. 

24 minutes ago, dwang040 said:

Yeah, give that setting a try. Do you have root and are running some sort of precession saving program like amplify or greenify? I can't say much since I'm not a Bluetooth guy so I haven't had much experience with your issue. 

Not root (though I miss it) and not running anything.  I have an S7 Edge.