• Announcements

• andrewilley

Poweramp v3 Project Update   04/24/2017

As you may be aware, the Poweramp developer has been working hard on an updated material design user interface for Poweramp v3 which required a full ground-up rebuild of the code and is taking some time to get to a beta-test stage. See the forum thread for more details and to discuss.    
andrewilley

Poweramp v3 Project Update (please read first post for latest info before commenting)

952 posts in this topic

900th reply... asking for update on ongoing work.

Funny as they may be, memes and GIFs deleted to try to keep this topic usable.

Andre

i will wait till the end of my life for updated Poweramp. and i can't sleep very well until now. i pray every single day, every hours, even when i'm showering, hope the update comes out soon.

Posted (edited)

6 hours ago, Random.Potato said:

i will wait till the end of my life for updated Poweramp. and i can't sleep very well until now. i pray every single day, every hours, even when i'm showering, hope the update comes out soon.

No but seriously, complaining and praying won't help.

Edited by andrewilley
Removed abusive comment

Max couldn't upload new screenshots because whole build not compiled (It's long and not suitable for testing and development) and he's working with small peaces. It's looks like this:

WhatsApp Image 2017-10-05 at 09.10.31.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2017-10-05 at 09.11.40.jpeg

2 hours ago, clever_man said:

Max couldn't upload new screenshots because whole build not compiled (It's long and not suitable for testing and development) and he's working with small peaces. It's looks like this:

Thanks for sharing. Looks like Max is using a snapdragon powered device for testing which still has the signature forced 44.1khz to 48khz resampling rate problem.

10 minutes ago, Akilure said:

Thanks for sharing. Looks like Max is using a snapdragon powered device for testing which still has the signature forced 44.1khz to 48khz resampling rate problem.

Max has dozens (hundreds) of devices for testing purposes. It's one of the reasons everything takes so long.

Andre

23 minutes ago, Akilure said:

Max prefers Samsung's phones for personal use, I think now his phone is S8/S8+.

😋 it's been forever since last update!

It's stable for me though 704.

But still I want something new to look at 😕

And please increase media upload size , had to compress ss by sharing it through WhatsApp 🤦

IMG-20171005-WA0009.jpg

2 hours ago, Harshal said:

2 hours ago, Harshal said:

But still I want something new to look at 😕

I want something new to listen at

from where I can download the beta, when installed from the play store, the license of Poweramp fails.

52 minutes ago, Julian Jaramillo said:

from where I can download the beta, when installed from the play store, the license of Poweramp fails.

You can download it from the 'Downloads' tab at the top of the page. If you are having licence issues you may prefer to uninstall the current version and re-install the new one, then put the unlocker back on your device (assuming you have the Google Play unlocker anyway).

Andre

On 2017/10/5 at 2:39 PM, clever_man said:

So,can we get new version before 2018?

I start to give up on waiting. Looking for an alternative....

Androind O is going to support Sony LDAC looking forward to that with my Sony mdr-100abn

Is there any way to get a material skin working with the newest build? I'm getting tired at looking at the ugly stock theme. Audio quality is great though, still haven't heard anything as good from other music players.

17 hours ago, clever_man said:

@brandonluciano824, new UI will be introduce only in beta. In alpha not UI, just for testing new audio engine.

But beta fell into a black hole forever and the finished build is a pipe dream as far away as waiting to go to heaven.  So waiting waiting waiting we still are.  I can't find an alternative worth a hoot. 

Skins will be supported in the finished v3 release (and most likely in the next beta release whenever that happens) but you'll still need to wait for skin developers to make skins for it. If skins are especially important to you though, just go back to the release build rather than the v3 alpha test versions.

Andre

11 hours ago, andrewilley said:

Skins will be supported in the finished v3 release (and most likely in the next beta release whenever that happens) but you'll still need to wait for skin developers to make skins for it. If skins are especially important to you though, just go back to the release build rather than the v3 alpha test versions.

Andre

Except i have a LG G6 and the only player that is worth a hoot that will play without skipping is the alpha version of Poweramp after I jack the buffer up all the way.  i hate that part of my phone.  it's picky with audio player.  ugh.

Posted (edited)

I am using the King music player smartphone, vivo xplay 6 with Poweramp version 588

I just feel the sound quality is not very good to completed with the vivo player, even complete with my old sony xpiera Z4 (on Poweramp 588)

Do you have any plan on development on vivo xplay 6 ?

Edited by harmony

45 minutes ago, harmony said:

I am using the King music player smartphone, vivo xplay 6 with Poweramp version 588

Do you have any plan on development on vivo xplay 6 ?

Erm, so what are you asking? This is the forum for the alpha-test releases of Poweramp v3 (currently build 704).

Andre

Thx Poweramp, I v just get the 704 and activated, I have benifit from the new player, it is really better quality than the embbed player, really thk. so much!

7 hours ago, harmony said:

Thx Poweramp, I v just get the 704 and activated, I have benifit from the new player, it is really better.quality than the embbed player, really thk. so much!

You're welcome. Glad I could help, and that you're finding 704 an improvement in sound quality.

Andre

On 10/5/2017 at 7:06 AM, daveaspec said:

I want something new to listen at

Agree! If you want something new to look at, get BlackPlayer EX, since it is all about looks and not audio engine. They spend more time on customizing looks than the audio engine. Best Players for me on audio is Poweramp and Stellio. Currently, using Stellio, because it is already on Material Design, plus it has 12 band equalizer. I would come back to Poweramp if it was closer to being done. One other thing keeping me from Poweramp, is the scrobbling to last fm is not working 100% either.

Stellio to me is like all three apps in one. It has the audio like Poweramp, and looks without customising like BlackPlayer, and the Stellio all by itself. So what Poweramp is missing from Blackplayer is in Stellio, and what is missing in Poweramp from BlackPlayer is in Stellio. Not everyone will agree with me but to me, I will stick with Stellio, until that scrobbling to last fm works on Poweramp.