Poweramp v3 Project Update (please read first post for latest info before commenting)

andrewilley

18 hours ago, TimvH said:

If it were up to me, I'd introduce a three strike system where users get banned from posting for a month or something when they keep in complaining.

Respect for Andre for being calm all the time while dealing with the shit users post here.

I've taken to just deleting the non-useful posts along with the abusive ones. One user is one post away from being banned it they keep posting rubbish.

Andre

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hello. I know you guys wait so long for update. Alternative if you want use Poweramp in nougat, you can use sound mod by Arise Sound. I used Xiaomi Mi5 with CM14.1. flash Arise  Magnum Opus and I can use Hi Res output in Poweramp. Just install core module if you dont like viper, dolby, etc. 

Screenshot_20170927-211737.thumb.png.8926a49012dbdfdaa69ef73c8af6df87.png

Hello to all
please I need help
I just bought a redmi4 pro (root unblocked) , and on my Poweramp ver.704 hi-res works fine; but i ask you: if i install "audio beats" will conflict with hi-res?
I'm asking this because I had previously installed the dolby atmos and to run it i had to exclude the hi-res from the Poweramp audio menu and return to the "standard" audio outputs
thanks in advance for the help
Dave

On 23.03.2017 at 4:50 PM, internetaddict24 said:

Oh yeah, perfect! I'm really hoping that the material design interface will carry that Poweramp feel of quality and robustness.

But yeah, whatever will happen, the audio engine will still be the best of them all. I'm expecting that High-Res playback on 7.x devices will be fixed in this beta, it's something that I've missed for a long time :) .

Do you listen to music or watch the screen? What kind of nonsense? From Max it was required to fix the hi-res sound output, this is the main task.

22 minutes ago, nolan2112 said:

Do you listen to music or watch the screen? What kind of nonsense? From Max it was required to fix the hi-res sound output, this is the main task.

Andre has been telling people for a while now that that's what the people voted for in the polls, there's no need to complain about that part of development when it's already being done, Max will release the update, probably sooner than later, literally nothing else to do or say but wait for it to be released. I got you Andre lol

4 hours ago, nolan2112 said:

From Max it was required to fix the hi-res sound output, this is the main task.

Sadly what YOU require and what the majority of the users seem to require is not the same thing. High-res is still an experimental feature, you are not "required" to use it or even try it. If you want to remain a member of these forums stop repeating the same complaints when you already know the answer. Final warning.

Andre

Well past experience tells me not to hold my breath. 

Personally, I would have been happy with a few minor improvements, better font choices, better widgets, and the ability to disable repeat and shuffle buttons in the main UI.

Visualizations are nonsense, I listen to music, I don't stare at the blinky lights (thankfully, we can disable it). This is similar to live wallpapers, really you clear your screen so you can meditate on your wallpaper? Nice parlor trick. My desktop is covered with the app I'm using, I guess developers should make their apps transparent so we can see that animation while we are trying to read email, play a game, watch YouTube, etc. It's about a sensible as having a strobe flashing in your eyes while you are driving. 

On 27-9-2017 at 4:23 PM, dhenyaw said:

Hello. I know you guys wait so long for update. Alternative if you want use Poweramp in nougat, you can use sound mod by Arise Sound. I used Xiaomi Mi5 with CM14.1. flash Arise  Magnum Opus and I can use Hi Res output in Poweramp. Just install core module if you dont like viper, dolby, etc. 

Thanks for the tip, got my phone to work with Hi-res output too. 

18 hours ago, TimvH said:

Thanks for the tip, got my phone to work with Hi-res output too. 

it seem that root is necessary for the installation.since the pursuit for hires isn't straightfully available,i suppose not to lie and accuse the developer of his hard work.we just deserve waiting cuz we can't help.

6 hours ago, Random.Potato said:

i will wait till the end of my life for updated Poweramp. and i can't sleep very well until now. i pray every single day, every hours, even when i'm showering, hope the update comes out soon.

No but seriously, complaining and praying won't help.

2 hours ago, clever_man said:

Max couldn't upload new screenshots because whole build not compiled (It's long and not suitable for testing and development) and he's working with small peaces. It's looks like this:

WhatsApp Image 2017-10-05 at 09.10.31.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2017-10-05 at 09.11.40.jpeg

Thanks for sharing. Looks like Max is using a snapdragon powered device for testing which still has the signature forced 44.1khz to 48khz resampling rate problem.

10 minutes ago, Akilure said:

Thanks for sharing. Looks like Max is using a snapdragon powered device for testing which still has the signature forced 44.1khz to 48khz resampling rate problem.

Max has dozens (hundreds) of devices for testing purposes. It's one of the reasons everything takes so long.

Andre

23 minutes ago, Akilure said:

Max prefers Samsung's phones for personal use, I think now his phone is S8/S8+.

52 minutes ago, Julian Jaramillo said:

from where I can download the beta, when installed from the play store, the license of Poweramp fails.

You can download it from the 'Downloads' tab at the top of the page. If you are having licence issues you may prefer to uninstall the current version and re-install the new one, then put the unlocker back on your device (assuming you have the Google Play unlocker anyway).

Andre

On 2017/10/5 at 2:39 PM, clever_man said:

Max couldn't upload new screenshots because whole build not compiled (It's long and not suitable for testing and development) and he's working with small peaces. It's looks like this:

WhatsApp Image 2017-10-05 at 09.10.31.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2017-10-05 at 09.11.40.jpeg

So,can we get new version before 2018?

Archived