Poweramp v3 Project Update (please read first post for latest info before commenting)

andrewilley

Poweramp isn't the best music player in terms of sound anymore. It seems like OpenSL ES output doesn't work properly (at least on my device or Android N). I tried AIMP (which use OpenSL Es Output as default) last night, the sound quality highly improved. I only switch back to Poweramp again due to AIMP's horrible UI.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just hoping the best for Poweramp to have update as soon as possible, and i still check this thread regularly (ps: every 24 hours), just hoping atleast some teasers or blurry images about the updates :rolleyes:

(English isn't my native so forgive me for my mistake in writing):)

13 hours ago, nolan2112 said:

From Max it was required to fix the hi-res sound output, correct the interface, and he's doing some nonsense

Max is doing what the users requested (whether you like it or not, there was a poll on the subject) by developing a Material Design interface. If you have problems with the current ALPHA test release then you are perfectly free to go back to the main release build. Personal insults will be removed.

Andre

At this point, I'm not even praying for a version update anymore, I just want SOMETHING to show that Max is actually working on this and not just saying it and leaving us in the dark.  A screenshot, or SOMETHING!!

I love Poweramp, and I'm not going to stop using it, but GOD I want an update on the progress so bad...

47 minutes ago, superluig164 said:

At this point, I'm not even praying for a version update anymore, I just want SOMETHING to show that Max is actually working on this and not just saying it and leaving us in the dark.  A screenshot, or SOMETHING!!

I love Poweramp, and I'm not going to stop using it, but GOD I want an update on the progress so bad...

I wish the update would be released too, all of us do, I hope and assume max does too, he released a video of the UI a month or two ago on the forums, check there, maybe someone can find it and repost the link or picture

9 hours ago, superluig164 said:

What was wrong with his git log post from a couple of weeks ago?

And thread cleaned... again.

Andre

3 hours ago, andrewilley said:

What was wrong with his git log post from a couple of weeks ago?

And thread cleaned... again.

Andre

Well, y'see, I kinda missed that.  Whoops.

Still, if only the alpha version was actually updated and not left stagnant until the UI is done... It's kind of designed for testing it.  Those who don't want to test it shuldn't be in the beta program, nuff said...

Anyway, I'm just gonna keep waiting like everyone else.  I can't wait for the day I get the update on my phone and then come here to check the changelog.

4 hours ago, superluig164 said:

Still, if only the alpha version was actually updated and not left stagnant until the UI is done... It's kind of designed for testing it.  Those who don't want to test it shuldn't be in the beta program, nuff said...

The problem is that until the UI fully works, there's no point releasing a half-working version of the app where you can't use certain features where as the code isn't compatible. Max wants to get it to the point where everything seems to be working before releasing it for testing. And that includes updates for newer devices and high-res output. Whether he could have done it another way is a moot point now I'm afraid, we just need to wait patiently(ish).

Andre

In future - poll must have 2 stages (as in life) - takes 1-2 choices and poll againg.

Cannot understand users, who vote for UI - your player 90% of time is in the pocket.

PA have best UI, not sound (sad, but it IS).

So - will quiet wait for update (will get Oreo in december and try Adroid API output of Oreo).

If it were up to me, I'd introduce a three strike system where users get banned from posting for a month or something when they keep in complaining.

Respect for Andre for being calm all the time while dealing with the shit users post here.

Complaining won't make Max develop faster. It will only make him care less due to the patience lacking users making nothing but complaints.

The release will come out when Max decides to and nothing you say or even Andre will change that.

Just stop being a whiny little baby and just wait or buy a dedicated music player in the mean time.

Archived