• Announcements

• andrewilley

Poweramp v3 Project Update   04/24/2017

As you may be aware, the Poweramp developer has been working hard on an updated material design user interface for Poweramp v3 which required a full ground-up rebuild of the code and is taking some time to get to a beta-test stage. See the forum thread for more details and to discuss.    
andrewilley

Poweramp v3 Project Update (please read first post for latest info before commenting)

1,102 posts in this topic

To hear.."real soon now", is good enough for me. Just like everyone else, I can't wait till V3 is released. But perfection takes time, and im sure once we all have the new release downloaded onto our devices, it will have been worth the wait. Keep it real, and the volume turned up y'all!!

A progress report or even remotely something like that would be appreciated. The whole point of alpha should be quick updates so the community can find bugs which the dev could iron out. 

But oh well.

14 hours ago, devilinmynoodle said:

A progress report or even remotely something like that would be appreciated. The whole point of alpha should be quick updates so the community can find bugs which the dev could iron out. 

But oh well.

Feel the same

sometimes I really regret why I have brought twice Poweramp. so annoying with this update things.

this is not a free software, we paid for it. and now we get the system update with the bugs occur.

the developer just cost almost one and half years to develop the new version, which is great. no ui pics, no new alpha version, no any news, so what are we waiting for?

we just need the info about the process, so why is so hard to max just post something?

just disappointed so far.

On 8/23/2017 at 6:31 PM, Brainscollector said:

Now Max will be optimizing pa for Oreo for half year do don't expect update anytime this year

half a year is good, i wish it going to be only 6 more months, but gussing it will be more like 2-3 years :) i came here every month and i can't believe i got this far :D

Well next year seems reasonable eta right now, guess we will see if we get anything in time for new year...

It's been a very long time. Still I'm waiting. Tried a lot of music player still this is the best. 

23 hours ago, Fetiz said:

sometimes I really regret why I have brought twice Poweramp. so annoying with this update things.

this is not a free software, we paid for it. and now we get the system update with the bugs occur.

just disappointed so far.

Don't know why you bought it twice,unless you used a different account both times on play store,and actually there is an alpha build 1704 is the latest,as for bugs,you don't have to be in the beta program.

6 hours ago, Aaron Fist said:

It's been a very long time. Still I'm waiting. Tried a lot of music player still this is the best. 

I got tired of waiting and bought Jet Audio Plus with one of the plugins that sounds as good as Poweramp.  one annoyance though is it has 4 User Presets but i can't name them what i want so i forget which setting goes to which speaker or stereo.

Today is end of August. Just remembering you guys.... 😀😀😀

lol had a dream that new update was out and it was awesome

On 8/31/2017 at 10:02 AM, pauldamo said:

Don't know why you bought it twice,unless you used a different account both times on play store,and actually there is an alpha build 1704 is the latest,as for bugs,you don't have to be in the beta program.

the first time I have bought it from the website. then I find its so stupid to verify the license, so I bought it from google play again. As we say, bugs, it's not only occur in beta version.

On 8/26/2017 at 9:07 AM, musick said:

Hi RoRo,

Welcome to the forums! You can head over to the Play Store to buy Poweramp Unlocker or just head over to powerampapp.com and click on the Buy link at the top of the page. You will need 2 apps - Poweramp(the main player) and the Poweramp Unlocker(unlocks the license and has to be bought) installed on your device. Then you can head over to settings and opt-in for the Beta program, or just sideload the APK from here(from the Downloads section at the top of the forums). The unlocker works for the stable as well as the Beta builds.

Thanks Musick for your reply,

So I can rather just download the PA3 beta from the forum and the unlocker and side load the apk's on my device? instead of installing it from play store..

Unfortunately @devilinmynoodle, that was a rather elegant user-submitted concept from about a year and a half ago, which as far as I know Max has not followed at all, preferring to go his own route. There are more recent leaked images in this thread that are closer to what the final product will be like.

Andre

4 hours ago, andrewilley said:

Unfortunately @devilinmynoodle, that was a rather elegant user-submitted concept from about a year and a half ago, which as far as I know Max has not followed at all, preferring to go his own route. There are more recent leaked images in this thread that are closer to what the final product will be like.

Andre

@andrewilley oh! I'm sure whatever max has planned would turn out to be better than what is expected.

13 hours ago, RoRo said:

Thanks Musick for your reply,

So I can rather just download the PA3 beta from the forum and the unlocker and side load the apk's on my device? instead of installing it from play store..

Yes, should work!

When will Poweramp V3 full version be available in Google play store. As of now only alpha build is available and beta is also not available at the moment. I hope hi resolution support will also be added for all major devices released 2016 to 2017 with support for Oreo (Android 8.0).

Edited by andrewilley
Moved to correct forum

Yestarday Max told me that he working on notification for Oreo. Later he wants to upload github logs thats anyone can see status of update.

3 hours ago, clever_man said:

Yestarday Max told me that he working on notification for Oreo. Later he wants to upload github logs thats anyone can see status of update.

Wait he's starting to work on the new software update compatibility & features now? Do you know if he just started or has been working on it since before the official announcement of Android Oreo