• Announcements

• andrewilley

Poweramp v3 Project Update   04/24/2017

As you may be aware, the Poweramp developer has been working hard on an updated material design user interface for Poweramp v3 which required a full ground-up rebuild of the code and is taking some time to get to a beta-test stage. See the forum thread for more details and to discuss.    
andrewilley

Poweramp v3 Project Update (please read first post for latest info before commenting)

867 posts in this topic

15 hours ago, Kado said:

If these releases were alpha or beta there would be no need for them to be fine tuned. A fine tuned release is called stable.

For me the best release method would be to limit the test versions to this forum and only stable ones to the PlayStore.

People here would install them knowing they are incomplete software and help with development and bug hunting.

This currently feels more like the dev made an app for himself and is sharing it to others just because, therefore these forums make little sense.

My comparison was with Asus Merlin firmwares for Asus routers by RMerlin.

He provides test versions without any support and you flash them if you want and provide feedback to help in getting them to stable.

......... what? Pretty sure that's exactly what thos is. The stable main version is on tbe playstore and this is entirely seperate for now

16 hours ago, Kado said:

If these releases were alpha or beta there would be no need for them to be fine tuned. A fine tuned release is called stable.

For me the best release method would be to limit the test versions to this forum and only stable ones to the PlayStore.

People here would install them knowing they are incomplete software and help with development and bug hunting.

This currently feels more like the dev made an app for himself and is sharing it to others just because, therefore these forums make little sense.

My comparison was with Asus Merlin firmwares for Asus routers by RMerlin.

He provides test versions without any support and you flash them if you want and provide feedback to help in getting them to stable.

Yes... absolutely.

Developer should push current alpha as beta on play store and current version (on which he is working on) should be pushed as alpha release.

Max seem not to understand meaning of the alpha and beta releases. Just chrome as example - there is stable version, beta, Dev, canary, every single one has its own update frequency, and that's how it should look alike - stable, beta playstore and alpha pushed as nightly or something like that. But nah, let's make alpha release polished like final product, beta with one minor fix and stable with minor 2 fixes.

2 hours ago, Brainscollector said:

Max seem not to understand meaning of the alpha and beta releases. Just chrome as example - there is stable version, beta, Dev, canary, every single one has its own update frequency, and that's how it should look alike - stable, beta playstore and alpha pushed as nightly or something like that. But nah, let's make alpha release polished like final product, beta with one minor fix and stable with minor 2 fixes.

Do you have any idea how many developers Google uses for Chrome alone? How can this be compared to PA?

4 hours ago, Brainscollector said:

Max has said that application build can't be compiled properly without complete interface so he can't make new test version and here goes another offtop page. He also said there gonna be frequent updates after beta release. Please read previous pages next time.

Just to let you guys know I won't be around on the forums quite as much as usual for the next two weeks (family stuff) so please play nice in the meantime! Otherwise I'll have to log in and close this thread again until I get back full-time.

Andre

Can max release an "experimental" version of PA v3? I'm too curious, i don't care if is too unstable 💜 

On 7/5/2017 at 5:30 PM, andrewilley said:

You can turn off all the notifications and also the quick-launch shortcuts, but this Samsung-based ROM still insists on showing an empty wake screen which you need to swipe away to get to the pattern-unlock screen.

Did you find a solution? I knew I'd seen this somewhere. Just saw it while messing around with my lockscreen settings. With Xposed Gravitybox has "Direct Unlock" under Lockscreen tweaks for skipping the swipe. It also allows removing the dim overlay there. There's also another Xposed module "Bright Lockscreen" that allows customising the dim overlay percentage if you prefer too. 

Here's a bonus for you. Depending on your manufacturer's setup your keyguard screen may not show the status bar and status bar icons. Use Xposed module NotifyClean to enable show status bar while keyguard to get it.  

I prefer a swipe lockscreen full of widgets myself. Widgets on lockscreen were removed from Lollipop. Still I preferred more customisation from WidgetLocker before then and since then the Xposed module "Lock screen widgets" for a more suited implementation to the changes. I also have to use the app "NiLS Lock Screen Notifications" since Lollipop to get notifications on the lock screen with some privacy and customisation. Another example of Google starting to lock things down the way they see fit.

Neutron is nipping at the heels of Poweramp. Latest version of Neutron Player supports Hi-Res output on the Fiio X5iii and iBasso DX200 (Android based dedicated DAPs).

Poweramp is still the best music player for Android, but with the extremely slow update cycle it's quite possible another player will soon overtake it.

On 17.08.2017 at 5:14 AM, andrewilley said:

Just to let you guys know I won't be around on the forums quite as much as usual for the next two weeks (family stuff) so please play nice in the meantime! Otherwise I'll have to log in and close this thread again until I get back full-time.

Andre

7c3.jpg

Sadly current Poweramp alpha doesn't play tagged opus files.

Untagged opus files do work.

Hope this will be fixed in the beta.

I keep coming back to Poweramp. So I can wait, and the Alpha is working just fine for me right now.

Max,I'tired,really.And please charge me with the awesome Power~!

-Always stand by my favourite

I hope we will get a new update soon now that android oreo is released

tenor.gif

1 minute ago, AshishM94 said:

I hope we will get a new update soon now that android oreo is released

tenor.gif

Now Max will be optimizing pa for Oreo for half year do don't expect update anytime this year

8 hours ago, Brainscollector said:

Now Max will be optimizing pa for Oreo for half year do don't expect update anytime this year

OMG!

Till max finalizes Poweramp optimization for oreo..google vl rrlease another  version of android... n waitin period conitnues

19 hours ago, Brainscollector said:

If i would be sure that my device would get an update for that in less than half a year with ldac support (no idea if they would implement it for that device or take it out...) then i would not care if he optimizes pa for Android 8 ;)

All things considered, it seems as if everything is coming along a planned. On schedule, though? That's my only concern, anyone else?

Hi ..

Ive newly joined Poweramp forum..

Where is the purchase link for PA v3 703 build ?

10 hours ago, RoRo said:

Hi ..

Ive newly joined Poweramp forum..

Where is the purchase link for PA v3 703 build ?

Hi RoRo,

Welcome to the forums! You can head over to the Play Store to buy Poweramp Unlocker or just head over to powerampapp.com and click on the Buy link at the top of the page. You will need 2 apps - Poweramp(the main player) and the Poweramp Unlocker(unlocks the license and has to be bought) installed on your device. Then you can head over to settings and opt-in for the Beta program, or just sideload the APK from here(from the Downloads section at the top of the forums). The unlocker works for the stable as well as the Beta builds.

On 25.08.2017 at 8:18 AM, TooCoolJoe said:

All things considered, it seems as if everything is coming along a planned. On schedule, though? That's my only concern, anyone else?

Ahaha you're so funny

On 23.8.2017 at 6:31 PM, Brainscollector said:

I do not think so That would be too fast. After all, his last planned date was April, since the word no longer, now is almost September. This is still an update comes I believe for a long time no longer. But I've been upset about such a poor behavior long enough, now I can only laugh about it.