• Announcements

• andrewilley

Poweramp v3 Project Update   04/24/2017

As you may be aware, the Poweramp developer has been working hard on an updated material design user interface for Poweramp v3 which required a full ground-up rebuild of the code and is taking some time to get to a beta-test stage. See the forum thread for more details and to discuss.    
andrewilley

Poweramp v3 Project Update (please read first post for latest info before commenting)

741 posts in this topic

Oh great, we're on 22 July and still no release. Is Max still alive? Is Poweramp development still active?

1 hour ago, AryToNeX said:

Oh great, we're on 22 July and still no release. Is Max still alive? Is Poweramp development still active?

Yes. And Yes, but as you know it takes time. Did you have a specific need for 22 July for some reason?

Andre

I do not think it's a date, just a piece of information, something like a job or screenshots. Generally a word from Max ... And at the moment it looks like there would be no general contact with Max ... Either he did not want to reply us or no longer interested in the project

1 hour ago, rafas92 said:

Either he did not want to reply us or no longer interested in the project

I can't say I really understand his reasoning either, but for some reason he just doesn't seem to want to get involved in the forums (or any social media interaction).

I (and others who are in direct contact with him) have asked him multiple times over the last few months, but he just wants to get on with development work without any other distractions. I'm afraid that's the best answer I can give you.

Andre

6 hours ago, andrewilley said:

I can't say I really understand his reasoning either, but for some reason he just doesn't seem to want to get involved in the forums (or any social media interaction).

I (and others who are in direct contact with him) have asked 

Thanks, unfortunately, this is the only answer you can give. We only stay in the forum every day and wait for the news

Уж осень близится, а Германа всё нет 😀. Когда будет хотя бы бета? 

:)

I just came here to laugh once again that month after month, this time, how it was planned to be released at the end of last month... This is just so funny. It's already half year of "to be released in next month" announcement. Well done, good that Max is kind of Dev that almost don't exist because today we would be still using KitKat as newest Android. And holding Samsung s5 as newest device. 

Hello all! 

I have been a Poweramp user for more than 6 years, and agree with most here that it is hands down the best player there is. 

As much as I would have loved for v3 to have been released earlier, I do not feel angry, or disappointed in max in any way. By the contrary, I feel happy that he is one to put in so much effort into perfecting an app that occupies so much of my daily time, ultimately improving not only the app, but my day to day hustle as well. 

Whilst missing deadlines isnt something anyone should aspire for, it is an inherent part of product and software development. Missing a deadline really means the dev cares more than the 'legal minimum,'  and if all deadlines around the world were to be met, we'd all be very efficient at receiving ineffective and unpolished products. 

We (Poweramp users) are part of a community largely dependant on Max and those who help him. But we wouldn't be a community to start with if Max as a developer wasn't there to formulate and push out Poweramp in the first place. 

Patience always pays off, as well as respect. The attacks and overly emotional rants I have seen on this thread make me wonder why Max should feel invested at all in v3, having a target audience who is mostly disrespectful and inpatient.

I am not here to start 'beef', I am merely asking that we show patient and respect.

Daniel

(Big up to Andre for keeping the site together! )

Posted (edited)

I'm going to say what no one else does.  This app has been in beta for what seems like close to 2 years when are you going to get this done I know it's not important but I'm going to say it anyways I?

Edited by andrewilley
Profanity

As I've said before, the next beta build will be released when it is ready and working. And it seems that could be next week, next month, or even next year.

I'm sure there would be a lot more complaints if Max simply released something now to placate the whingers in the full knowledge that it was broken.

Andre

4 hours ago, andrewilley said:

As I've said before, the next beta build will be released when it is ready and working. And it seems that could be next week, next month, or even next year.

I'm sure there would be a lot more complaints if Max simply released something now to placate the whingers in the full knowledge that it was broken.

Andre

Probably, but I'm sure a few screenshots coming from Max would be really appreciated by the community.

Please kindly give information about wether the project will be released next month or not, it'll help me decide wether I should buy neutron player or not. 

Well just to give my mind, if there's no info and prove ppl will lose its trust. 

Thx

I actually don't mind if I should pay again for the new Poweramp,  it's started from scratch after all. 

What I can't actually spend more is time. 

1 minute ago, SatriaPerdana said:

I actually don't mind if I should pay again for the new Poweramp,  it's started from scratch after all. 

What I can't actually spend more is time. 

Why anybody think that v3 will be paid? Max clearly said that it will be free for those who have already bought! I don't understand why it needed to discuss..

46 minutes ago, clever_man said:

Why anybody think that v3 will be paid?

I think the point being made there was that some users would actually be happy to pay again, if that was a better incentive to get v3 released sooner rather than later. I don't think financial incentive is the issue though, it's just making sure that whatever is released is finished enough to actually work for all users. 

Andre

@andrewilley, I'm understad that but another users reading it and posts "I don't want to buy it, I already paid!" again and again. Maybe meant it in first post?

8 minutes ago, clever_man said:

Maybe meant it in first post?

Good idea. Done.

Andre

5 hours ago, andrewilley said:

I think the point being made there was that some users would actually be happy to pay again, if that was a better incentive to get v3 released sooner rather than later. I don't think financial incentive is the issue though, it's just making sure that whatever is released is finished enough to actually work for all users. 

Andre

No, users like me wanted to pay again because Max is building the app from scratch. I am still wondering why you never asked Max if he can at least put a donation link.

I could just delete the app from my account, I just like seeing my date of purchase. Only reason I chose not to do that.

I really don't understand why asking for eta isn't forbidden in a forum/thread like this. 

Leave him work on it. 

If you don't like waiting for it just pay another app if you think it really worths. 

I don't understand the impatience at all. I been using it and it runs just fine without problems for an Alpha stage. I can't really tell if it is in beta or not. It runs fine for me, and I am willing to just wait it out. I prefer not to pay again for what I already paid for, and have the option for free upgrade from v2 to v3. Donation sounds more reasonable to those who can't afford to pay more. Why make it for those who already paid to pay more? Should be a personal choice not a forced choice. I for one would go back to BlackPlayer EX if they made a separate charge for the new version. One v2 is way out of date, and the reason is to use v3 but willing to wait out for the release because it runs perfectly fine for me right now.

I am only here to see if there is any news on update for if there is any more information on the process but it makes not big deal to me if I do not see any information. Sometimes I need to just waste some time that I have to waste. I really like the audio quality in Poweramp over BlackPlayer EX, and I would be kind of ticked if I was forced to pay another payment to get v3.

4 hours ago, Rocketval said:

I really don't understand why asking for eta isn't forbidden in a forum/thread like this. 

Leave him work on it. 

I think people just want to remind we still care about the app 

I think that for all those who are impatient for a new version comes a delay more, since google wants the developers to publish their Apps in Google Play adapted to API 26, as the launch of android 8 is less than a month.
I hope I'm wrong and that the new version of Poweramp is already implemented under API 26.

8 hours ago, utahman1971 said:

I don't understand the impatience at all. I been using it and it runs just fine without problems for an Alpha stage. I can't really tell if it is in beta or not. It runs fine for me, and I am willing to just wait it out. I for one would go back to BlackPlayer EX if they made a separate charge for the new version. One v2 is way out of date, and the reason is to use v3 but willing to wait out for the release because it runs perfectly fine for me right now.

Poweramp is the only reason I'm not upgrading my phone to Android Nougat. I don't want to risk it breaking when it's working on Marshmallow, so I'm stuck with security updates from December of 2016.

12 hours ago, jl91569 said:

Poweramp is the only reason I'm not upgrading my phone to Android Nougat. I don't want to risk it breaking when it's working on Marshmallow, so I'm stuck with security updates from December of 2016.

I'm on Android o and Poweramp works fine.