• Announcements

• andrewilley

Poweramp v3 Project Update   04/24/2017

As you may be aware, the Poweramp developer has been working hard on an updated material design user interface for Poweramp v3 which required a full ground-up rebuild of the code and is taking some time to get to a beta-test stage. See the forum thread for more details and to discuss.    
andrewilley

Poweramp v3 Project Update (please read first post for latest info before commenting)

662 posts in this topic

Thread re-opened, but as a reminder personal comments aimed at either the dev or at other users will not be tolerated. Discussing the app is fine, and at least all the ETA requests are kept in one place, but keep it civil please.

Andre

Six days ago I talked with Max via Whatsapp, some information from him:

• He working hard and have no time for posting or communicating on forum. I asked few times for that but he is adamant.
  • Troubles with third-party developers - many things Max reworks by himself.
  • Complaining that can't to estimate approximate time.
  • After beta\realese will be new update behavior - small updates.
  • Update for alfa can't be done because UI completely new and not ability create new built without fully working UI.

I don't really mind at all that it takes a while for the V3 to be finished. Delay it as much as needed, I'd rather get a working app then something half done.  

However, without any sort of update on how things are going along, it can get really frustrating waiting for the new release. Just a simple; "Hey, it's delayed for a bit longer." to let us know progress is at least being made, and that it hasn't been abandoned, is enough.

1 hour ago, clever_man said:

• He working hard and have no time for posting or communicating on forum. I asked few times for that but he is adamant.
  • Troubles with third-party developers - many things Max reworks by himself.
  • Complaining that can't to estimate approximate time.
  • After beta\realese will be new update behavior - small updates.
  • Update for alfa can't be done because UI completely new and not ability create new built without fully working UI.

If he has the time to talk to you over WhatsApp, surely he has the time post something in this thread instead? Not a big update, less than 10 words would be fine. Just anything. 

I remain skeptical that you're actually in contact with Max because of this.

15 minutes ago, lasse said:

I remain skeptical that you're actually in contact with Max because of this.

It's your right, I don't insists. I just providing some information and not going to prove it.

I've spoken to Max over What's App in the past week too, and I've also asked him multiple times if he could spare a moment to update the forums - but at the end of the day it's his app and his choice whether he wants to work on it or spend his time reading abuse from users on the forums...

Andre

2 hours ago, andrewilley said:

I've spoken to Max over What's App in the past week too, and I've also asked him multiple times if he could spare a moment to update the forums - but at the end of the day it's his app and his choice whether he wants to work on it or spend his time reading abuse from users on the forums...

Andre

It's more about hearing from him that he's not dead and still working on it. Just a few words. Directly from Max. 

I wouldn't want him to spend time reading through this thread or anything.

6 hours ago, lasse said:

It's more about hearing from him that he's not dead and still working on it. Just a few words. Directly from Max. 

I wouldn't want him to spend time reading through this thread or anything.

Why on earth would he want to come on here and read all these negative comments? He's working hard, reading this crap is just gonna demotivate him.

13 hours ago, clever_man said:

• He working hard and have no time for posting or communicating on forum. I asked few times for that but he is adamant...

Regarding the alpha build, I did mention previously that alpha should have been updated prior to starting the beta project / UI revamp. But this was a tactical error at the time, and it is what it is. It's perfectly reasonable if Max wants to focus his efforts on the beta build, any work today on alpha couldn't be ported to beta, so it would just be a waste of time.

I think the greatest fear people have is that Max has abandoned the project. But why would the moderator continue moderating this forum if its abandonwear? And why would the developer need to post here? That's not his job.

At the end of the day we just need to be patient. Poweramp will continue to be the number 1 audio app for Android, if beta is released with minimal bugs.

Im very happy with Poweramp, uses 704 build and even if my Huawei P10 is not ready for Poweramps Experimental 24 bit, I am very happy with the Sound Quality that I get from Flacs and High rez files..

It looks great it sounds great.

I dont know what people are shouting about, its a great and affordable music player, and everybody knows that Android devices needs a lot of work to fit all devices..

Keep up the good work Poweramp.

Best regards.

Poweramp is the best! Doesn't matter what version, it's the best! The next version will be even bester! Poweramp=BEST!

12 hours ago, HiFiZ said:

Why on earth would he want to come on here and read all these negative comments? He's working hard, reading this crap is just gonna demotivate him.

Did you even read my comment? I said I DON'T want him to read the thread. 

On 26/06/2017 at 2:18 AM, djdarko said:

Thank you!

I didn't read this whole thread but I do want to say that I love this app.  Absolutely love it.  

19 hours ago, lasse said:

Did you even read my comment? I said I DON'T want him to read the thread. 

True, my apologies. I was scanning over the replies, kind of misread yours I guess. You did say you'd like to hear a few words from Max, that he's still alive, which is fair enough. Problem is, once you log in, most people read would read through at least the last few replies.

I'm running nugget and I have had nothing but problems on my new device.... I bought this application months ago & they say it's only a (trial) & only last so long b******* ?ive had it for almost a month & nothing happened? I installed it on my son's phone & it was fine with some flaws, Now I have found my self going in circles with my Galaxy j7 & nothing but issues and when I download apks and all this stuff application has foreclosed and all this so I reboot and end up with the same thing again is this why people say nugget sucks or I'm just blind... I don't understand why they just can't make an application to where you buy it and it's done and over with & considering there's people that don't use their brain for what it's worth can land them with a bricked phone,  ? its for the birds fr... I understand applications come with some work but not a headache and root & a gold metal!  I love this app don't get me wrong but I'm starting to get a headache I could care less about a refund just point me in the right direction I'm doing something wrong and why I don't have these types of issues with any other application FEEL FREE PLZZ but by the way beautiful app makes music sounds so much better but if the steps were just a little bit more simpler and maybe users guide would be snack awesome......... I'd buy this app a second time. starting to hate this new update nugget fr tho...... and if anybody is offended by anything I've said my bad I'm not a phone person but with in the past month I probably know my phone inside and out updates are coming to fast  and they are not being looked over well that's why developers find themselves fixing things... 10 stats for this app fr user manual would be cool for a heads up and would solve a lot I think and my grammar and my spelling is retarded you can think Google autocorrect.... how I don't even know if I'm downloading anything right scared to considering the viruses that are out there don't take anything I said personal it's just what I'm experiencing but I think one time I did it right I know for sure because the virtualizer is gone I would like to nooooooooo so re did it and now I'm here commenting on something for my first time in my life sorry for such a long rubbishy thing but I'd rather give you a full outlook on everything then sit here and have a conversation that would last days feel me

2 hours ago, Rober said:

if anybody is offended by anything I've said my bad 

Erm, I tried to read through that whole stream-of-consciousness, but didn't actually manage to work out anything specific in there. Could you briefly bullet-point your issues, with a few carriage returns interspersed for legibility?

It might be better to write it on a proper computer too, phones are pretty useless for writing anything much beyond a few sentences.

Andre

Would like to share a few things too

• I visit these forums every few days, and would love to see the v3 like all of you people,
  • I am an OP3T user, and can't use the HiRes option even on the alpha704,
  • Frustrated with the v3 delays, I went to the Play Store and bought a few apps like BlackPlayer, Shuttle+, PlayerPro...but always find myself coming back to Poweramp because it sounds so much better than the rest of the competition,

With all that said, Poweramp does look dated on Android v7, and I would love a new Material UI and HiRes and all of that :D

6 hours ago, musick said:

Would like to share a few things too

• I visit these forums every few days, and would love to see the v3 like all of you people,
  • I am an OP3T user, and can't use the HiRes option even on the alpha704,
  • Frustrated with the v3 delays, I went to the Play Store and bought a few apps like BlackPlayer, Shuttle+, PlayerPro...but always find myself coming back to Poweramp because it sounds so much better than the rest of the competition,

With all that said, Poweramp does look dated on Android v7, and I would love a new Material UI and HiRes and all of that :D

I bought BlackPlayer EX first and thought it was awesome, and then tried Shuttle+ and did not like it at all, and cancelled purchase. I thought BlackPlayer sound like basic music even with their equalizer, and got tired trying a bunch of apps. I saw Poweramp before and put it off, then I decided to try it, and I like the free, because it did sound better. So I purchased the unlock app, and now I use it more because the full version even does more. I just think it sounds like a subwoofer sound system in my earbuds. I just got skullcandy ink'd 2 earbuds.

Guys I was tired of waiting for new beta... And tried to find an alternative, U can say that I ve tried nearly all players but non matched Poweramp but as current new beta is buggy for Android 7  ,I still searched for good alternative and recently I found one but it is in early stages of its development and lacks some common features , I'm just listening guys so GUI doesn't bother me much ,It's 'foobar2000' ,search for it in playstore and enable OpenSL audio in settings then enable resampling and set it according to Ur taste I've set it to 96Khz.U can try this app untill new Poweramp beta release,and it's also free. ?

Thanks

11 hours ago, JJ Singh said:

Guys I was tired of waiting for new beta... And tried to find an alternative, U can say that I ve tried nearly all players but non matched Poweramp but as current new beta is buggy for Android 7  ,I still searched for good alternative and recently I found one but it is in early stages of its development and lacks some common features , I'm just listening guys so GUI doesn't bother me much ,It's 'foobar2000' ,search for it in playstore and enable OpenSL audio in settings then enable resampling and set it according to Ur taste I've set it to 96Khz.U can try this app untill new Poweramp beta release,and it's also free. ?

Thanks

I used foobar2k on galaxy S3 frankly speaking I didn't notice any difference in sound quality if I have to choose anything other than Poweramp I will choose stellio it has the best looking UI lot's & lot's of eq options feature wise close to Poweramp but it lacks bass not even close to Poweramp actually there's no other app that has the powerful bass but still stellio is a good app it's free with adds I payed only 29INR for the full version it sounds way better than jet audio  surround sound quality is even better than Poweramp V3 and jet audio. Some people say the equaliser is bad it distorted all the time I never faced it with my own settings i used both Poweramp and stellio as my daily driver I mostly use Poweramp but still I think it's a very good option

5 hours ago, Prosenjit said:

I used foobar2k on galaxy S3 frankly speaking I didn't notice any difference in sound quality if I have to choose anything other than Poweramp I will choose stellio it has the best looking UI lot's & lot's of eq options feature wise close to Poweramp but it lacks bass not even close to Poweramp actually there's no other app that has the powerful bass but still stellio is a good app it's free with adds I payed only 29INR for the full version it sounds way better than jet audio  surround sound quality is even better than Poweramp V3 and jet audio. Some people say the equaliser is bad it distorted all the time I never faced it with my own settings i used both Poweramp and stellio as my daily driver I mostly use Poweramp but still I think it's a very good option

Bro u tried to enable OpenSL & resampling in settings? as far as other features r concerned i already mentioned its early build & lack common features.. ;)

safe to say that after android update 7.1.1 I have again the Hi-Res output available on my Xperia Z5.

On 17.07.2017 at 0:03 PM, Prosenjit said:

I check stillio and it is far away after Poweramp. Are you deaf?

I'm working on translating into Spanish, have too many mistakes, inconsistent paragraphs and nonsense words.

I would like to know if the project in https://crowdin.com is the translation that is being implemented in the new versions of Poweramp v3?

5 hours ago, Julian Jaramillo said:

I would like to know if the project in https://crowdin.com is the translation that is being implemented in the new versions of Poweramp v3?

I would imagine that it will be, but presumably not until v3 is closer to a releasable stage and all the text is finalised.

Andre