Poweramp v3 Project Update (please read first post for latest info before commenting)

andrewilley

33 minutes ago, clever_man said:

Whats wrong? MS Office is more complex project and it has a much higher price. We compare paid model, not functionality.

Can't compare Camrys with Aventadors. MS Office is vast productivity software suite with a collection of softwares. Poweramp on the otherhand is a viewer or player, even Microsoft would let you view MS Office suite files at no charge.  Your comparison is apples and oranges, there are a ton of other apps on the Play Store that can be used to better illustrate your point. 

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, andrewilley said:

I don't believe that Max has any intention of charging for new versions of PA in the foreseeable future,

That might be so....but i remember it that at the time i bought the Poweramp unlocker (directly from the site) 5-6 years ago it said that it checks every 3 months if the license is still valid (that is something it still does), with an activation limit of (i believe) 12.....so in theory you could have used pa for around 3 years before buying it again.

On 26.6.2017 at 11:44 AM, andrewilley said:

The trial version is not feature limited at all, only time limited. Same applied with the main release and the alpha-test releases.

To see if your device is supported for high-rez, go into Settings > Audio > Output. If you see an option for "Hi-Res Output (Experimental)" select that and activate that mode for Wired Headset/AUX. Note: if you are using an Android 7 device, make sure you are using build 704 of Poweramp v3.

Andre

How do I download this? In Google play?

Do you know if they support Kirin?

22 hours ago, clever_man said:

@Wolfpig, once I was ask Max about paid for v3 and he answered that v3 will be free for all who already bought license.

I know.

And what i wrote with the licenses probably got dropped a few years back.....but in itself it would nothing have to do with getting updates for the app or not ;)

On 6/25/2017 at 8:34 PM, martinkem said:

What's wrong with you people and this "entitlement" nonsense. I paid for an app, i didn't get it for free, I deserve to get updates to that app. Other developers who update their apps more than once in two years, do they've two heads?  

Go get your Poweramp from those developers then. Sheesh. Let's see them do even half as well as Max does.

There is one serious contender on the Play Store right now. It's called Gonemad.

4 hours ago, quirK said:

Go get your Poweramp from those developers then. Sheesh. Let's see them do even half as well as Max does.

There is one serious contender on the Play Store right now. It's called Gonemad.

Out of curiosity I checked what kind of player this is ... It does not even wash to Poweramp, not intuitive and does not have the visualization of sound quality itself. The only thing cool is the ability to change the theme color ...

5 hours ago, quirK said:

Get it from those  developers, why are you acting butt hurt? if you are fine with Poweramp as it is you obviously shouldn't be here. 

GoneMad? Seriously, man.. You're missing the plot here. A lot of people voted for material design as the feature they want the most and you lot don't quite get it. Besides the fact that it looks like an app from the Gingerbread era, Poweramp isn't intuitive enough, it requires a lot more taps than others. That's what needs fixing otherwise the app is pretty much perfect. 

3 hours ago, rafas92 said:

Out of curiosity I checked what kind of player this is ... It does not even wash to Poweramp, not intuitive and does not have the visualization of sound quality itself. The only thing cool is the ability to change the theme color ...

But but but... it updates more frequently!!!1!

3 hours ago, quirK said:

But but but... it updates more frequently!!!1!

And there is NeutronMP that has much better sound, especially dynamic range, better eq, and it updates even more frequently, supports network music sources, and if you ask developer about anything, he will answer you within 24 h.

7 hours ago, Volume said:

And there is NeutronMP that has much better sound, especially dynamic range, better eq, and it updates even more frequently, supports network music sources, and if you ask developer about anything, he will answer you within 24 h.

It looks cool, but I don't know how to use it ;-; complex

8 hours ago, Volume said:

Yeah but the interface looks like it was designed by satan himself. Couldn't even figure out how to change the album art.

23 hours ago, Danke said:

How do I download this? In Google play?

Do you know if they support Kirin?

It's in google play. My Honor 8 (kirin 950) does not support 24 bit output yet. I hope it gets added in the full release if that ever comes out. 

On 2017-6-26 at 5:44 PM, andrewilley said:

The trial version is not feature limited at all, only time limited. Same applied with the main release and the alpha-test releases.

To see if your device is supported for high-rez, go into Settings > Audio > Output. If you see an option for "Hi-Res Output (Experimental)" select that and activate that mode for Wired Headset/AUX. Note: if you are using an Android 7 device, make sure you are using build 704 of Poweramp v3.

Andre

Unfortunately, I can't using the Hi-Res Output when I am using Android 7.1 and Alpha build 704 of Poweramp v3 already, so i am waiting for the beta version. 

On 6/27/2017 at 6:14 PM, quirK said:

Does it support high res output? So far the only other player to support for no resampling/high res output is Neplayer, but that one is 20 euro for the full version and has nowhere near as much options as Poweramp

42 minutes ago, Bigralphn said:

Any new news?  Just checking back.  It has been a couple months.  

Delayed more, Max hasn't responded, and he says he ran into a problem last time he responded, at this pace it doesn't look like we will get it this month, this is getting kind of frustrating when Max seems to be a perfectionist and keeps tweaking things and adding new things which only prolong the process, he might even release by September or December at the rate we are going.

20 hours ago, timwelter99 said:

Yeah but the interface looks like it was designed by satan himself. Couldn't even figure out how to change the album art.

It's in google play. My Honor 8 (kirin 950) does not support 24 bit output yet. I hope it gets added in the full release if that ever comes out. 

I have Huawei P10, its specs says it support 24bit, but I only find the 703 version on play

10 hours ago, utahman1971 said:

They need to take the May and early June off and say pending instead, because it is broken promises.

I don't recall any promises made to be broken, more "plan" and "hope" dates, but I agree that leaving June in the first post is now creating an unrealistic expectation and as I am unable to get any response on the matter from Max by email or Skype I will change the banner.

Andre

Archived