• Announcements

• andrewilley

Poweramp v3 Project Update   04/24/2017

As you may be aware, the Poweramp developer has been working hard on an updated material design user interface for Poweramp v3 which required a full ground-up rebuild of the code and is taking some time to get to a beta-test stage. See the forum thread for more details and to discuss.    
andrewilley

Poweramp v3 Project Update (please read first post for latest info before commenting)

965 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, clever_man said:

This is bullshit! No one free player can not to provide same functionality and flexibility with customisation by skins like the last stable version of Poweramp.

Enough! Stop poking us V2 version! There is a V3 with a non-working Hi-Res! We are all waiting for the update with the corrected Hi-Res support for 7 Android! All. Nothing more.

No other player can match Poweramp..thats a fact...lets hope dat we see a new beta atleast by this yr end..

Although I'm wildly distressed by the fact that the update is constantly postponed, but I do not see any alternatives to Poweramp. Tried other players and always returned to Poweramp (during listening to one song in another player?).

I can just picture Max working at the coding screen while listening to this song from Real Genius on repeat:

This is assuming he's working and not on vacation.

I'm actually really pleased with the alpha build itself which automagically stopped crashing after moving from 6.0.1 to 7.1.2. The UI is one of the best out there in my opinion. I got a feel of some other players out there but quickly moved back to Poweramp(maybe I'm just too used to it?). So then why release an alpha and then do a total rebuild of the UI WITH NO Updates? The alpha + squashed bugs would have sufficed to be a v3. Also I highly doubt that this project is Max's priority now. Maybe this is just a hobby for him now, which I to tally respect since it's in his own free will but he could've atleast told us "Hi users, I don't give a damn about you guys or this project anymore so if you want an update, please wait a couple of years cause I'm busy writing billions of lines of code and doing a total overhaul of the app when it's not required". Like come on, stop giving us ETAs. 

7 hours ago, djdarko said:

I can just picture Max working at the coding screen while listening to this song from Real Genius on repeat:

This is assuming he's working and not on vacation.

:D:D

17 hours ago, crashjant said:

Enough! Stop poking us V2 version! There is a V3 with a non-working Hi-Res! We are all waiting for the update with the corrected Hi-Res support for 7 Android! All. Nothing more.

And I'm still waiting that Update for my V20, while gettin' a maximum 16/48K audio stream. Toh, a bit sad...

Guys, how does all this relate to PA v3 update? I guess we all agree here that PA is our beloved player, that's why we are here for. Then once it is out feel free to play your music, either flac, mp3, or any other format. No need to convince the rest of the world about your taste.

23 minutes ago, musiclover said:

Guys, how does all this relate to PA v3 update? I guess we all agree here that PA is our beloved player, that's why we are here for. Then once it is out feel free to play your music, either flac, mp3, or any other format. No need to convince the rest of the world about your taste.

Agreed. All recent off-topic discussion of people's opinions of FLAC vs MP3, and the advantages or otherwise of high-rez audio have been moved to their own thread (minus the personal insults).

Now this thread can get back to generally passing the time and asking for ETAs for the next beta release. :)

Andre

35 minutes ago, andrewilley said:

Agreed. All recent off-topic discussion of people's opinions of FLAC vs MP3, and the advantages or otherwise of high-rez audio have been moved to their own thread (minus the personal insults).

Now this thread can get back to generally passing the time and asking for ETAs for the next beta release. :)

Andre

Lol is this what we've become

2 hours ago, talios said:

Are we there yet daddy?

Nope son, we got a few billion miles left xp

2 minutes ago, william musicman said:

mid-june.

In 2018-3000. Soon....

9 hours ago, crashjant said:

In 2018-3000. Soon....

?

I'm starting to see correlation of Max with The Lord Gaben. Who knows, maybe hl3 and poweramp3 will come in bundle
925.jpg

Sorry, but this is just Pathetic. Truly pathetic. Another month after last month was announced to be release date. So my bet goes it will be released in next year. But for now it is just... Pathetic

1 hour ago, Brainscollector said:

But for now it is just...

Sucks

It would be nice, in the new version to see the covers of such a plan for each track, or something like that animation...

_e9b92589313d793e2c059045fac36386.jpeg

On 6/5/2017 at 2:57 PM, mlknez said:

I honestly hope when the new update hits, Max will make us pay for it. He put so much time and effort. 

Or at least let us donate money.

All these people whinning over a $3 app is just nuts. No one is entitled to anything and Max did not even have to update this app.

I think people just need to stop. I mean seriously, WTH!?! 

Hi guys, how is going the development of the v3 pa?