Randomly turning on and off

Hi. 

I have been using Poweramp for some time without any problems, and this issue came out of nowhere. The app turns itself on and off randomly. Like, there is nothing that would tell it to start playing, no such settings I could find, phone lies on a table or is in my pocket and the app starts playing music. Playback would stop after a few seconds or as long as a couple of minutes. Sometimes when unlocking phone the apps widget shows up on lockscreen and disappears right after. This happened with main v2 release, and continues to happen with v3 Beta as well. I also recently completely wiped my phone and installed new ROM, and the issue hasn't gone away, so it's definitely a problem with the app.  Any ideas for a fix? If any other information is needed, I'll be happy to provide it. 

Thanks. 

I sometimes get very long delays in command processing, could that be what you are seeing?

For example, sometimes I will come home from a walk and as I get to the front door I press the pause button on my headset cable... and nothing happens. Same with the lockscreen pause button. So I open the full app and use its on-screen pause button, which works. All seems well, until about 1-2 minutes later suddenly those ignored commands get processed and Poweramp starts playing and then stops itself again all on its own (obviously the effect of two presses of the Pause button finally being processed). It's very strange, as at all other times the remote headset and the lockscreen buttons work flawlessly. I think - on my device at least - it is related to times when the phone is busy re-connecting to (or dropping) a wi-fi connection, and for some reason it temporarily stops processing any media commands that are external to the main app and queues them instead.

Andre

Archived