• Announcements

• andrewilley

Poweramp v3 Project Update   04/24/2017

As you may be aware, the Poweramp developer has been working hard on an updated material design user interface for Poweramp v3 which required a full ground-up rebuild of the code and is taking some time to get to a beta-test stage. See the forum thread for more details and to discuss.    
Manualneeded

Manual Needed

3 posts in this topic

Hello, 

last week I bought the premium version of Poweramp. I think it is great, but I could really use a step-by-step manual to get to learn the possibilities Poweramp has.

I've been searching the internet but cannot find what I;m looking for. A dutch manual would be great, but an english manual will make me happy to.

Is there someone who can help me or has a manual to get started?

Thanking you for reading!!!!

PS the app itself is in dutch, but I want to know how to get started .

I'm afraid there is no manual, other than the help info inside the app and the FAQs here on the website. Once v3 is finalised and released I might see in Max wants something written, but there's not much point now as the interface is due to change when v3 is released. Please ask away here if you've got any questions though.

Andre

Hi ManualNeeded,  welcome to Poweramp.  I'm like you perhaps, in that I find manuals helpful and don't mind reading them.  Also, I've only recently made it into the world of smart phones, so many of the things people say are "natural" I don't think of.

However, I enjoyed playing around with Poweramp, getting to know it and finding the different ways it can do things.  I also found andrewilley very courteous and helpful.  Some things I still find a little frustrating, but on the whole it's the best app I've tried.  So for me, not having a manual hasn't been too much of a problem in the end.

But would a manual  be the answer?  For instance, it would be difficult to explain in words the different kind of touch needed to give a star rating to a track, swipe across to change the track or access the menu.  I learned by letting my phone teach me.  After I'd tried things enough, I had adapted to the app without knowing it.  Using it tends to bypass the brain quite quickly.  A manual might help in the first few hours, but it would take someone many, many hours of preparation, checking and keeping up to date.

Good luck, and don't be afraid to ask.