• Announcements

• andrewilley

Poweramp v3 Project Update   04/24/2017

As you may be aware, the Poweramp developer has been working hard on an updated material design user interface for Poweramp v3 which required a full ground-up rebuild of the code and is taking some time to get to a beta-test stage. See the forum thread for more details and to discuss.    

All Activity

This stream auto-updates   

1. Past hour
  2. I'm currently using UAPP as it has custom drivers for direct usb dac output (bypassing the android mixer) but I still come here and check for news about development. Most people here became impatient as some ETAs were said but not fulfilled unfortunately. As @clever_man said I don't believe Max will say anything here as the bashing just went out of control. Just try some other players, you may find something you may like as I did.
  3. Today
  4. Answering my own question. The DAC in the USB-C to 3.5mm adapter is a Conexant CX20985. It's maximum resolution is 48kHz. The Experimental high-resolution in Poweramp doesn't recognize the DAC. Since buying the phone a couple of weeks ago the Oreo 8.1 beta has come out and Poweramp has issues there too. I'm using Neutron for the time being, until there's an updated Poweramp.
  5. "Just when I thought I was out, they pull me back in!" - Michael Corleone, The Godfather: Part III
  6. You do not specify the file format but there is a neat little program for windows called FileTagSleuth..Simply fire it up, drop your track onto it and for mp3 it will show both ID3v1 and ID3v2_3 tags. For flac it also shows tag info. For m4a format, look under the Quicktime branch. (Apple needs to do things different of course)
  7. I'll have to give a -1 to your post. Ewwww. If you aren't happy, then leave this fourm.
  8. Max should sell or whatever it is this Poweramp project to a professional company that interest in audio too. This one man project is taking too long time to wait for us.
  9. I know that's sounds weird but it's true.I have some apple lossless file on my device,and I'm pretty sure that the tag of the file include the "composer"info.but when I open these file in Poweramp ,it just has no “composer”info.I can't upload the m4a file into here because the file is too large.Here is 2 screenshots,which shows the situation.
  10. Same here and when i pause for sometime from notification it's gone ☹️
  11. Hello, I am mad to find a an app that could be play just 5-10 sec each song on a playlist or inside a folder. I think it could be a great function to find the music that is looking for. Winamp i think has a plugin called "get intro". It could be something differet to add to a player of most usefull. May You help me? Thank You! Stefano p*******o@gmail.com
  12. Settings > Folders and Library > Export Poweramp Playlists. That will save any internal playlists that you may have created as M3U8 files in your device's Playlists folder. Then you can copy those files to your new device when you copy any other contents you want to move, and place them somewhere Poweramp can scan and as long as the music files are in the same location on your new device as they were on the old one (I'd just swap the SD Card over to my new phone) they should work fine. You can also use Settings > Export Settings to save most of your PA general setup stuff, then copy that file over, and use Settings > Import Settings on the new device. You may also want to take a look at TheoKlink's "New Playlist Manager" app, as that can also save and restore things like Star Ratings etc which you would otherwise lose. Andre
  13. Got a weird dream.. max releasin Poweramp v3 at mobile world congress 2018 later this month ...hahaha
  14. How do I transfer my Poweramp playlist from phone to phone?
  15. Totally agree there should be a music player that can comprehend such formats. I myself had issue trying to playback some UnrealEngine proprietary files and XA rips of old PS1 games. In fact, there is unfamiliar charm with the latter, 37.8kHz music tracks sound dubbed in highs resulting in soft and acoustic flavor. The principal reason why that will not happen with Poweramp is the formats you mentioned are indeed proprietary, and the existing decoders are made as for under "as-is" freeware use, while PA is a shareware app. That would require extra licensing and tedious talks and consulting to concede on implementing these codecs. I personally wish it was in there.
  16. @clever_man did. To recap what is known so far: the development is in progress, the UI works are underway.
  17. You still seem to be here though? Despite your only involvement in these forums being complaining about lack of final v3 and then repeatedly saying goodbye. Andre
  18. Anything involving Apple's way of doing things doesn't always sit well with Android's, so it can be a bit hit or miss. That's one of the reasons why I don't use iTunes (or Apple products at all), I control my own system setups too tightly. Andre
  19. Is it on the same song file, or any file? Could be database corruption, might be worth clearing all app data and restarting (don't forgot to Export any internal Playlists and save your Settings first though!) . Another thought would be to try the alpha-test release of Poweramp v3 from the Downloads tab at the top of the page (same caveat applies) Andre
  20. If anyone that's in contact with Max, and has any new info or anything on the progress and development whatsoever I would greatly appreciate if you could post it on here for the community and myself, we are all eager and hopeful to find out what's going on with everything
  21. Hey Andre, I will give them a try I heard of them but I wasn't sure how well they stand behind their apps with support. The one I tried was awful. Thank you, Jeff
  22. This screen causes error when 'Add to Playlist' or 'InfoTags' are used.
  23. Subject functions are not working just causes App to restart. Issue experienced in Player View and List View. Using Huawei Mate 10, version attached.
  24. I know some people use iSyncr. I've not tried it myself though, as I don't use iTunes at all. Andre
  25. Hello, I need a good app that would copy iTunes music files and playlist over to Android devices. I tried an app that I am not getting help from the developer. I bought PA because I love the UI and the ability to make your music play louder via Bluetooth headphones than the stock music players or Google play music. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Jeff
  1. Load more activity