Random starting

The player randomly plays at weird times. For example, I won't be using it at all, listening to radio in car, and I turn the car off and it just starts. Also jack's my Bluetooth connection from other apps and randomly starts. I can be using Spotify or Netflix in my car, and it will just turn on and start playing over what I have on. I have searched all the PA settings and I cannot find anything that says autoplay, and my autoplay is not on in my car. No other apps do this, so it's definitely a problem with just yours. My phone is a Samsung Galaxy S7.

I suspect you have the same problem that I sometimes get, which is that the bluetooth device is sending a PLAY/PAUSE command when turned on (or off). Sometimes these commands are actioned straight away, but sometimes on my device they seem to get somehow queued and suddenly trigger up to a minute later. I don't know why, something in the command stack is getting held up I guess.

I occasionally see this with the cabled headset buttons too. When I get home after a walk I will tap the pause button on the cable, and sometimes it does not seem to respond so I unlock the phone and press the Pause button in the app. Then a minute or so later it will suddenly start playing on its own (i.e. when the cable button finally gets processed). It's very odd! I think it might be associated with times when the device is disconnecting or reconnecting to the household wi-fi, as otherwise the buttons respond immediately either while I'm out walking or when in the house.

Andre

• 1 year later...

AndreWilley,

My situation is exactly like Jen's, but even with my Bluetooth off, it is randomly turning on at the most inappropriate times.  I also have a Samsung GS7.  I clear the cache on the app, without success.  Is there a fix?

Thank you.

Archived