Album Art isn't shown

Cartridge-Music

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What do you see if you press Menu > Info/Tags, does it say that there is album art embedded within the file or not (near the bottom of the list normally)? And have you tried long-pressing on the empty artwork area to see if it shows anything as either present or downloadable?

I'm wondering if this is related to the issues that Huawei devices have with displaying skins on the regular release builds.

Andre

Try clearing the cover art cache via Settings > Album Art > Delete Album Art Cache, disable Prefer In-Folder Images and Prefer Downloaded Album Art in the same menu, and do a Full Rescan (in Settings > Folders and Library) to start from scratch and see if that helps. Although uninstalling and re-installing should do pretty much that anyway.

Andre

On 16.1.2017 at 10:19 AM, Cartridge-Music said:

The Menu tells me that there's no embedded cover.

But the lock screen, the widget and the notification area show it.

In the Attachements you always see the same title!

Greatings Ingo!

So, all images aren't embedded. Not the displaed ones and not the not displayed ones.

Maybe, you can tell me, where the covers are stored...

I don't know, if you realized, that the covers dissapeared after upgrading. I don't know, if they will be displayed after downgrading... Shall I try?

Cover art images are stored in internal memory, /Android/data/_com.maxmpz.audioplayer/album_art (note the underscore). As app data, I would expect them to be erased when uninstalling the app.

Artwork files should not be removed by an app upgrade though (even going from the release build to an alpha-test). Reverting from alpha back to release involves an uninstall/reinstall though, so downloaded art could well be affected. 

Andre

Hello,

As Android media library relies on Album name to retrieve/store cover data in the database, please try to specify an Album name to the songs with a tag editor, as in the screenshots, the field looks empty (Unknown album).

Poweramp can use filenames too, and it does not use the Android media library system at all.

However the OP mentioned that even after selecting an image to download, it was not 'sticking' in Poweramp when the song was next played, which seemed very odd. (By the way, after selecting a new cover image PA may not display it immediately on returning to the Player screen, sometimes you need to move forward a track and back again to see the new cover)

Andre

21 hours ago, andrewilley said:

Cover art images are stored in internal memory, /Android/data/_com.maxmpz.audioplayer/album_art (note the underscore). As app data, I would expect them to be erased when uninstalling the app.

Artwork files should not be removed by an app upgrade though (even going from the release build to an alpha-test). Reverting from alpha back to release involves an uninstall/reinstall though, so downloaded art could well be affected. 

Andre

OK, I will not fallback to V2...

15 hours ago, andrewilley said:

Poweramp can use filenames too, and it does not use the Android media library system at all.

However the OP mentioned that even after selecting an image to download, it was not 'sticking' in Poweramp when the song was next played, which seemed very odd. (By the way, after selecting a new cover image PA may not display it immediately on returning to the Player screen, sometimes you need to move forward a track and back again to see the new cover)

Andre

Sorry, but this is not the fault. It's not helping to skip forth and back.

At weekend I will clear the cache and restart searching for the covers. I thank you all for helping me  so far.

So long! Ingo

On 18.1.2017 at 4:45 PM, andrewilley said:

The best solution is to have the album art embedded in the actual music files of course, but if you've got a lot to do that could take a while. I tend to do batches every so often.

Andre

Now I have cleared the cache. When I let pweramp show me fitting covers and choose one, it's the same old story: Most of the covers aren't shown. The clearing of the cache seems to be ineffecitve.

Can I embed covers with Poweramp?

No. embedding cover artwork needs to be done in a tag manager app. I use TagScanner on my PC which has some excellent batch features, but there are others around (including on Android devices directly). Poweramp does have some limited tag editing features, but only for adjusting basic text fields (so not artwork, ratings, play-counter, etc)

Andre

• 9 months later...
7 hours ago, Mranonymous321 said:

Can somebody help me please.

I just got a Samsung Note 8. When the phone is in the lock screen, the album art is so small. I do not like that. 

Can you please tell me how to make the album art full screen? Like my previous phone had. 

There are some Lockscreen options in Settings > Lock Screen, try swapping between the PA lockscreen and the system one and see if the settings in there help.

Andre

Archived