Lost Unlock paid version when on airplane

I have the paid unlocked version and today when I was on a long flight without internet access, Poweramp said the license had expired and it couldn't check with Google Play to see if it was unlocked. The minute I had internet access again, Poweramp checked and it is working fine. I have the unlocker on the Samsung Galaxy Note 5 so, why did this happen and how do I prevent this from happening again.

Android 6.0.1

Poweramp 2.0.10-build-588-play(Full Version)

Thanks for any help you can provide so this does not happen again when there is no internet access.

Steve Rose

Here are the details of how/why a licence re-check is required:

http://support.powerampapp.com/knowledgebase/articles/323557-is-internet-connection-required

It could also be that your particular device or ROM is not allowing the required permanent storage of the licence status, and as presumably you turned the device off during take-off that might have prompted a re-check if the status had not been fully saved.

Andre

Andre- thanks for the response. The Galaxy Note 5 was never turned off and the Unlocker app is on the smartphone. So, what m I supposed to do when I am on a plane for a long flight? Is there no way to keep using Poweramp if I do not have internet access? This is a real problem and as such I am not sure what to do on my flight to Australia (16 hour flight).

Thanks

Steve Rose

If the phone wasn't turned off at all, then I can't see why it should suddenly do that. Validation should not be required again other than in the circumstances outlined in that FAQ article which I linked (plus possibly following a reboot, if for some reason the status has not been non-destructively saved).

You could try turning your phone into flight mode one evening after you've finished using it for the day (to simulate being on a plane and out of internet connection) and then try in the morning to see if Poweramp still works for a while before re-enabling internet. You could even plug in some earphones and leave it playing all night while the phone is in flight mode.

Andre

Archived