WIDGET FREEZES

nigel

Hello - I bought this excellent app several years ago and have been delighted with it. Recently, I changed phones to a Xiaomi Mi 5 running on Android 6.0. For some reason, the widget on my home screen stops refreshing after about three or four songs; the wifget stops showing the current song that is playing. I have tried uninstalling/reinstalling but the problem persists.

I would be grateful if someone could please let me know how to rectify this issue.

Regards, Nigel

There are a number of minor issues creeping in with newer devices and recent ROM updates. At present, I gather these are unlikely to be addressed via any new Poweramp v2 builds as all development work is currently focused on the new v3 code, which will include a completely rebuilt audio engine and user interface. Anything "mission critical" occurring in the original v2 app (i.e. causing the main app to fail completely) will be addressed, but most likely no further minor problems at this stage.

An alpha-test of the new v3 audio engine is available from the Downloads tab at the top of the page, and the first beta-test release (including the new user interface) is due very soon.

Please feel free to continue reporting issues though, especially if they are also occurring within the alpha/beta releases.

Andre

Looks like I spoke too soon! Sometimes the widget freezes and sometime it does not. I'd say it freezes more often than not.

Also, if the music is playing and a phone call comes in then the track counter on the widget resets itself to number 1 even though the song playing will have been another number. The correct song resumes but the track counter resets.

Archived