Album Artist: none showing

Jaspervh

I've recently decided to try out Poweramp, since I heard good things about it. However, the one important feature for me is the ability to sort by Album Artist, since I know of only one other player that does this. After downloading the beta v3 version and finally locating the option necessary, I was surprised (to say the least) that it does not seem to be working. While artist and album fields work fine, album artist yields exactly... zero results. Any idea what might cause this? Shouldn't be the tags, these work and display correctly both on my PC and on another Android music player.

In build 703 there are actually two options, "albums by artist" and "album artists". The latter works for me, though switching from grid to list view doesn't work and most cover art - which is visible in any other mode - is missing.

This facility was only introduced in the alpha-test release so should still be considered as experimental. However it does work for me - any songs which have embedded Album Artist tags can be viewed that way in the "Album Artist" library mode. It doesn't fall back to using the plain Artist field very elegantly though, just showing anything with no Album Artist tag as "unknown", which may be accurate for that sort choice but is not very helpful in the real world.

Andre

Archived