Audio and scrolling issues

dwang040

I have 2 issues with Poweramp right now. I plan on downgrading to a different version of my custom rom, but I don't think the rom is the issue. 

1. Digital beep? In some songs, at certain spots, there's this digital beep. It's not really a beep, but just a shrill, sharp pitched sound that lasts for a second. It's not the mp3 since it's not there on my stock player, but it's there on Poweramp. 

2. Scrolling issues. Some songs don't scroll, so if I fast forward, it just restarts the song. And if I scroll far enough, I'll probably be able to get to 10 seconds into the song. 

What can I do in settings to fix this? 

Not sure about (1), sounds like something in the output is gliching - are you using regular or the experimental high-rez output? Try increasing the Output device buffer size in the app and see if that helps.

(2) Some people have reported this with the alpha test. Usually it's very large embedded images, along with improperly set offset pointers within the file, which can cause a problem, so if you try to use the position bar to move to somewhere fairly near to the beginning of the track it starts at zero again. If you can, could you try using a tag editor to remove the embedded cover art from one of your files and see if you still have the same issue? 

Andre

Just a FYI, I did downgrade to venom rom 4.3.0. The screech was there in openES (5.3.0) and in openES and highres (4.3.0). Anyways, I did increase buffer preset to huge, while the sound is no longer there on one of the songs, i tested, the glitch is still there.

I'll keep listening, since for one song, I notice a playback issue on my laptop and in Poweramp, yet it plays fine in the htc music player. 

Update, yeah, there are some spots where it's a mp3 file issue, where u can hear a weird beep at certain points, but again, there are also some where only Poweramp picks it up. I'll try and fix my mp3 files and see if that helps. 

• 5 months later...

Hey i got same issue. Some of my songs, i heard a glitch in the sound, kinda high pitch sound. But it's fine when i play it in another music player. I try replace the mp3 files, but still got same issue. Please help.

Archived