Poweramp Question

ironhead0007

Hello forums.

I recently downloaded the trial for Poweramp because I'm looking to replace Google Play Music and a lot of other forums said this app is the best choice. I am 10 cm from buying the full app but there are few questions I got that will make or break my decision.

1) Can I turn off skip into the next playlist/list?

2) Can I have the classic shuffle options? Simple shuffle on and off.  

3) Are there built in widgets? I find it really annoying that I have to download a widget app for the app, same for skins there should be a built in option for skin instead of a download from the Play Store.

I want a simple app that replaces Google's music app. In my opinion it's one of those things that could work for me if it was kept simple. 

Happy New Year!

17 minutes ago, ironhead0007 said:

Hello forums.

I recently downloaded the trial for Poweramp because I'm looking to replace Google Play Music and a lot of other forums said this app is the best choice

To answer your questions,

1) Yes. Use the icon in the lower-left of the album art area to set Repeat mode to 'Off' (or to 'Repeat List', etc --- just not 'Advance List').

2) There are about five shuffle options, the two you would want are 'All Songs' (for shuffling every song available on your device) or 'Off'. If you long-press on the shuffle icon (lower-right of artwork area) you will see a list, just choose which mode you want, or turn it off. There are other options for things like shuffling just the contents of an album, or to play album contents in regular order but then choose a new album at random, etc.

3) There are about five skins in the release package from Poweramp, and some Widgets are included in the main app download.

One of the reasons people choose Poweramp is because it's got a lot of options and flexibility, but with that there is a slightly steeper learning curve than with basic programs. However if you want simple (i.e. lacking in features) then possibly the stock music app might suit you better?

Andre

Archived