Sound volume too low, volume knob isn't working

danild

I have an issue with my Chinese car head unit (Joying). Their ROM is based in Android 4.4.4 and it seems to prohibit control of the volume by applications. The issue is - the volume of Poweramp is too low and this makes me crank up the head unit's system volume (global) which wouldn't be a problem unless you forget to turn it back down when switching to radio or something - in this case the loudness of the radio may make you dirty your pants when it catches you by surprise. Similar issue when using Poweramp with a navigation app in parallel - these two can only co-exist if you disable the sound in the navigation app completely.

Well, yes I did discover that disabling DVC fixes this issue, but this fix comes at a high price - the sound loses all its powerampy goodness and becomes "usual", pretty much like that produced by any other Android audio player out there. I would say about 7 on a scale from 0 to 10 (10 being Poweramp).

I realize this is no bug in Poweramp but rather a ROM limitation. Are there any tips/tricks that might help overcome this limitation somehow and let me use DVC while enjoying the normal sound volume?

Thanks guys.

You are right the disabling the DVC option (if the device will not support Direct Volume Control) is probably your best option, but that does reduce some of Poweramp's control over the system. You could try increasing the pre-amp gain in the EQ screen, but you run the risk of introducing clipping during high level passages. 

Andre

Archived