Bluetooth metadata does not update when connecting to car audio

I just got a 2017 Subaru Forester and when I tried playing music via the bluetooth audio and Poweramp, the metadata appears but never changes when the song is changed. When I play music on the same phone/car via the Google Play app, everything works.

I have Poweramp set to High Priority, and have Metachanged Intent checked.

Poweramp v2.0.10-build-588-play

Samsung Galaxy S7

Android 6.0.1

No custom ROMs

There are a lot of glitch with BT in Android 6+ . The settings you mention can help (as can making sure Wakelock and Keep Service are ticked) but it's still a messy area. It's unlikely this will ever be fully resolved through the Poweramp v2 releases though, but once PA v3 becomes official (it's currently in alpha testing, soon to be be beta) these sorts of issue can be looked at. 

Andre

On 28/12/2016 at 7:35 PM, kwami42 said:

I just got a 2017 Subaru Forester and when I tried playing music via the bluetooth audio and Poweramp, the metadata appears but never changes when the song is changed. When I play music on the same phone/car via the Google Play app, everything works.

I have Poweramp set to High Priority, and have Metachanged Intent checked.

Poweramp v2.0.10-build-588-play

Samsung Galaxy S7

Android 6.0.1

No custom ROMs

My situation is sort of similar. I have a Kenwood KMM-BT302  stereo in my car and a Galaxy S7 phone with 6.0.1 (though now a custom ROM). Latest firmware on the stereo and the alpha version of PA. The mp3 tags do get transferred and displayed by the stereo but not reliably. Sometimes they do and sometimes they don't, I haven't figured out any common reason why yet. Though from reading many forums about the issue with BT between phones and stereos it would seem that it is the stereo at fault in many cases.

Anything I/we can to to help debug this?

Dave

Archived