• Announcements

• andrewilley

Poweramp v3 Project Update   04/24/2017

As you may be aware, the Poweramp developer has been working hard on an updated material design user interface for Poweramp v3 which required a full ground-up rebuild of the code. It is hoped this will be ready for final beta-testing by the end of the May/early June. See forum thread for more details and to discuss.    
Stephen_A

Playlist File Location

4 posts in this topic

I would like to know the location of playlist files. Elsewhere I found the suggestion thaty they are located at:

data/data/com.maxmpz.audioplayer/databases/folders.db

However searching at this location gives two directories - cache and files.

Cache is empty

Files goes down to music - which is also empty.

Any advice or suggestions welcome

Thanks.

The playlists are held in tables within the folders.db database. There are sql tools with which you can open the database. Search for mysql.

ps. If your device is not rooted you will not be able to see any files due to android permissions.

Keeping mp3 files from my pc synched with my phone (via DriveAutoSync) works wonderfully.  When I go into Poweramp, all the new songs are there.

I also keep wpl playlists int the /music/playlist folder.  They get synched and they play awesomely but some people might be misled by the fact that Poweramp lists them but shows them as "not loaded".  Rest assured, when you select them, the songs will be there and will play!