Status Bar Song Info Problems

Blu Vivo 5

Android 6.0 Marshmallow

2.0.10-build-588-play (Full version)

Hey guys, I've been having this problem for a few weeks now. Emailed the Poweramp gmail support team to no avail.  So,  I'm having a problem in my status bar where only the album art is changing but not the song info sometimes. For example,  I open Poweramp, play a song and switch to the twitter app. If I change the song via my status bar,  only the album art will change while the details of the last song remain there. This only happens when I change the song without the app open.  If the song changes by itself with no interference from me, with the app closed then both the album art and song details will change. Also,  if I'm in the Poweramp app and change the song via my status bar,  all the info changes then too. It's only when I'm not in the app and attempt to change the song myself does this glitch happen. A tip I got in my support email was to do a Full Rescan once,  which didn't work. Then I was told that my tags were wrong.  So,  I deleted all my songs, uninstalled Poweramp, reinstalled power amp and Restarted my phone. Got music with no tags but the problem remained. Anyone experiencing this?  Anyone with tips please? 

Screenshot_20161217-110130.png

Screenshot_20161217-110140.png

I suspect these sort of minor niggles (which seem to be cropping up a bit more often lately, mostly on Android 6 and 7 I think) are unlikely to be addressed before v3 of Poweramp is released. I know all of Max's efforts are going into the v3 coding at the moment, so I would think he's unlikely to be able to spend much time looking at v2 now unless there is a major showstopping issue. Does the same happen in the v3 alpha test build by the way?

Andre

The only difference in the V3 alpha test build is that even with no interference from me in the status bar with the app not open,  only the album art changes,  instead of everything.  Album art and song info changes in the status bar once the app is open. Whether I change it or not. When the app is closed only the album art changes  whether I interfere or not. 

• 1 month later...

Archived